Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0
Author Message
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0

Hello you all victims of clipper.

Question: How can I change the size of one or more characters on the screen.
E.G. for headlines or menues.

Even if this would be a stupid question, an answer would be appriciated.

YOGI

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:51:10 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0

Quote:

> Hello you all victims of clipper.

I have never ever felt as a victim of Clipper.  Was this a bad joke, or
an offense?

Quote:
> Question: How can I change the size of one or more characters on the screen.
> E.G. for headlines or menues.

You can change color, to look differently, but if you don't use
graphical output, there is no way (and it is not Clipper, it is the
VGA/CGA/EGA/Hercules/whatever character based terminal) to change font
size.  There is, of course, but for all of the screen - since it is
character based.  Of course if you use lightlib or the free version
(sorry, I cannot recall the name) you are free to use different fonts.

Attila

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:01:39 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0

Quote:

> > Hello you all victims of clipper.

> I have never ever felt as a victim of Clipper.  Was this a bad joke, or
> an offense?

> > Question: How can I change the size of one or more characters on the screen.
> > E.G. for headlines or menues.

> You can change color, to look differently, but if you don't use
> graphical output, there is no way (and it is not Clipper, it is the
> VGA/CGA/EGA/Hercules/whatever character based terminal) to change font
> size.  There is, of course, but for all of the screen - since it is
> character based.  Of course if you use lightlib or the free version
> (sorry, I cannot recall the name) you are free to use different fonts.

> Attila

you're probably referring to Fern's Graphics Library. i've seen the demo
but never actually used it.
it can be found in the oasis

_(d)iego

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:50:30 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0
[SNIP]

Quote:
> you're probably referring to Fern's Graphics Library. i've seen the demo
> but never actually used it.
> it can be found in the oasis

> _(d)iego

Yepp, this is it!

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:50:44 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0
On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:01:39 +0300, Attila Feher
Quote:

>> Hello you all victims of clipper.

>I have never ever felt as a victim of Clipper.  Was this a bad joke,
>or an offense?

<snip>

Clipper is software. All software sucks.

:)

--
Jules Alberts
joolsa atmark maildot com (humans know what to do)

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:04:29 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0
And yet, here you are, using software to send us this message...
Quote:
> Clipper is software. All software sucks.

> :)

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:47:03 GMT
 Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0
On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 06:47:03 -0400, Kevin Carmody

Quote:

>And yet, here you are, using software to send us this message...

>> Clipper is software. All software sucks.

>> :)

i know. life is tough.

--
Jules Alberts
joolsa atmark maildot com (humans know what to do)

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:04:29 GMT

1. Powerstation 4.0 and Windows NT 4.0

2. Problem: MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on Windows NT 4.0 under NT Emacs

3. screen size and attributes of MF cobol 4.0

4. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

5. FORTRAN compilers for Windows NT/Windows 4.0

6. CW 2.X and NT 4.0 screen design problems

7. Mouse/NT 4.0 Workstation: disappeares in Full-Screen-Mode

8. Strange screen size with Windows XP

9. windows and screen sizes

10. Finding Screen Size to centre top-level window on Screen

11. Execution on Far East Version of Windows NT 4.0

12. APL*PLUS/PC Under Windows NT 4.0