Help automatic sending DBF updates using MS-MAIL !!
Author Message
 Help automatic sending DBF updates using MS-MAIL !!

: G=92day All,
:
: Database version control software.
:
: I am after software that will keep the databases of  an application up to
: date.  We have a set of standard data that is maintained and updated at a
: central location and then needs to be distributed to about 50 sites.  We
: can of course can compress the database and send them on disk to the 50
: sites, but would like something more automatic.
:
: All the sites are connected with MS-Mail and if possible we would like to
: use this to transport the updated databases around.
:
: If anybody knows of anything like this, even remotely like this, as
: shareware or commercial product please reply via e-mail.

check for an import file before starting the program.
if your app finds the file, import/update the records and remove the file.
if you send several updates and the site hasn't imported the previous
file have a series of files (xyz1.dbf, xyz2.dbf, ...) accumulate on the
site and import/update in the order the came in.

Dieter Simader                       |      On a clear disk,

Wed, 01 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

2. Sending mails/automatic ftp download

3. MS-Mail / Internet Mail / CC-Mail

4. Sending e-mail using MAPI

5. batching mail sends using rexx?

6. Sending Mail from MF/NetExpress Object COBOL using MAPI services

7. how to send mail with python using SMTP ?

8. using tcl to send mail with multiple attachments

9. NEWBIE: sending e-mail using TCL

10. Help with updating a VFP .dbf file

11. Mail Merge using ActiveX in MS Word

12. Sending Mail from a Smalltalk application/SmallMailer help??