Compatibility beetwen SET PRINTER & Win 95
Author Message
 Compatibility beetwen SET PRINTER & Win 95

Repost... It seems that my 1st post from 4/4 didn't pass

~-----------~

Hi folks

I have problem with SET PRINTER TO under Win 95

It crashes the app and the DOS window in those conditions :
SET DEFAULT TO \MyDir.
// ... more code ...
SET PRINTER TO LPT1     // or LPT2, COM1 ...

But if I put SET DEFAULT TO C:\MyDir, then it's working !!! (the difference
is the drive)

It happens in Win 95 with Clipper 5.2 & 5.3, real or protected mode,
Blinker or RTlink.

   It's working in DOS 7, but gives that strange result :
set(_SET_PRINTFILE) --> \MyDir\LPT1.PRN
(but SET PRINTER TO \MyDir\LPT1.PRN is still sending to LPT1)

It's a handicap since the app has its _SET_DEFAUT in the command line or
Getenv(). I can check it, but...

Any comments ?
Thanks

--
Sebastien            ^-^
                         (c c )

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compatibility beetwen set printer & Win 95 ?

2. Problems with Set Printer To in Win 95 ?

3. compatibility beetwen microfocus cobol 2.0 and RM cobol with "linux 3.0

4. vhdl pretty printer for win NT/95/ msdos

5. Setting CLipper Debugger to work on a Win 95 machine

6. clipper & Win98,95 printer problem

7. 95, 98 & Win NT

8. Win 95 & Printing

9. LPM2.5 & Win 95

10. 95, 98 & Win NT

11. Clipper Tools III Netware Functions & Win 95

12. S'87 & Win 95 Problems