Set a pause when variable="x"??
Author Message
 Set a pause when variable="x"??

Hello all,

I'm using the de{*filter*} that is supplied with Clipper 5.3

Is there a way to have program execution pause only when a specifif variable has
a specific value? 9 The value is numeric and increments value++

Many regards

Paul Bruneau

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:51:04 GMT
 Set a pause when variable="x"??
if x = 9
    inkey(0)
endif

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I'm using the de{*filter*} that is supplied with Clipper 5.3

> Is there a way to have program execution pause only when a specifif
variable has
> a specific value? 9 The value is numeric and increments value++

> Many regards

> Paul Bruneau

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:10:02 GMT
 Set a pause when variable="x"??

Quote:
> Is there a way to have program execution pause only when a specifif
> variable has a specific value? 9 The value is numeric and increments
> value++

I don't think CLD has that ability, at least, I don't recall seeing it in
5.2's CLD.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 04:34:18 GMT
 Set a pause when variable="x"??
Hi Paul

I'm still using 5.2, and its cld has a tracepoint feature that allows
you to enter a logical expression, and the de{*filter*} will stop the
program as soon as the expression evaluates to true.  So in your
example, enter "x = 9" (no quotes) in the tracepoint expression.  Make
sure when you enter the expression that the variable x is in scope.

hth's
Richard

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I'm using the de{*filter*} that is supplied with Clipper 5.3

> Is there a way to have program execution pause only when a specifif variable has
> a specific value? 9 The value is numeric and increments value++

> Many regards

> Paul Bruneau

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:25:45 GMT

1. P4's "PAUSE" instruction

2. how to make a "pause"

3. who set "set tz=....." command orignally

4. Variable "Variables"

5. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. Missing AppleScript Command "set language"

8. Setting "checked" property on menu item

9. "SET AUTOCOMMIT" in Oracle

10. Meaning of "set clipper=f55"

11. Summer'87 and "set epoch"

12. Help: "Set Focus" in Clipper 5.3