migrate array clipper to delphi
Author Message
 migrate array clipper to delphi

hello,

i try to migrate some clipper app to delphi with apollo, it's not so bad if
you can loose speed.
my problem is to convert array function on multidemension array.
i just want to know if anybody have found a solution for Asort on specific
colunm.
i'm would not be alone in this case ?.
thank to answer, and be kind with my english.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 migrate array clipper to delphi
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:14:42 +0100, "gb"

Quote:

>hello,

>i try to migrate some clipper app to delphi with apollo, it's not so bad if
>you can loose speed.
>my problem is to convert array function on multidemension array.
>i just want to know if anybody have found a solution for Asort on specific
>colunm.
>i'm would not be alone in this case ?.
>thank to answer, and be kind with my english.

Not multidimensional, but you can sort on a column.

aVar := asort( aVar,,, { | x, y | ;
       substr( x[1], 15, 10 ) < substr( y[1], 15, 10 ) } )

Would sort on the 15th column for 10 characters.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

     The most repeated sentence in early 2000 will
     probably be "Gee, I thought somebody fixed that."

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 migrate array clipper to delphi
Gerard,
you may try TStringList.Sorted as a possible way.
Regards,
Mario

--

remove _NOSPAM_ when mailing

Quote:
> hello,

> i try to migrate some clipper app to delphi with apollo, it's not so bad
if
> you can loose speed.
> my problem is to convert array function on multidemension array.
> i just want to know if anybody have found a solution for Asort on specific
> colunm.
> i'm would not be alone in this case ?.
> thank to answer, and be kind with my english.

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. >Converting Clipper to Delphi (looking 4 xBase Delphi)

2. Migrate to Delphi

3. Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi

4. Migrating to Windows: VO or DELPHI ?

5. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

6. Migrate from clipper to windows?

7. migrate clipper 5.2 to Win32

8. Need Help in Migrating Clipper Database from Novell to WinNT

9. How to Migrate clipper to linux?

10. I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

11. why never migrate to windows, long life to Clipper

12. Migrate Clipper App to Win95 or DOS