Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?
Author Message
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
Thanks

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Hello Richard,

I am also interested about the feedback on Xbase++.

Did you know you can ask a demo version of xBase++ ?

I'd just receive this demo a few day ago, and I am testing them.
But if there is anyone that are already familiar with xBase, I appreciate
the feedback on this product.

Best regards

Pascal Gustine

Quote:

>Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
>I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
>Thanks

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Thanks, but this news group does not exist ! The nearest one to what you
say is alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper

Anyway, I don't think you can put ++ in a newsgroup name.

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Quote:

>Thanks, but this news group does not exist ! The nearest one to what you
>say is alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper

>Anyway, I don't think you can put ++ in a newsgroup name.

++ can be part of a newsgroup name (e.g. comp.lang.c++), I guess that you
can't see alt.comp.databases.xbase++ because your ISP's news server doesnt'
carry it (I don't see it either).

--
Jovan Bulajic

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Quote:

> Thanks, but this news group does not exist !

Yes it does. It might not exist on a news server that you have access to but
such a group does exist, I should know, I'm subscribed to it (as are a
number of other people). Perhaps you should speak to your newsmaster?

Quote:
> Anyway, I don't think you can put ++ in a newsgroup name.

Yes you can, I count 36 groups with that string of characters in their name,
a random sample is:

  alt.comp.databases.xbase++
  alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
  comp.lang.c++
  comp.lang.c++.leda
  comp.lang.c++.moderated (Moderated)
  de.comp.lang.c++
  fj.lang.c++
  fr.comp.lang.c++
  han.comp.lang.c++
  hepnet.lang.c++
  it.comp.lang.c++
  slac.lang.c++
  umn.cs.lang.c++
  umn.itlab.lang.c++

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Hi Richard,

Welcome,
Thomas Krojer

Quote:
>Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
>I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
>Thanks

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?
I'am beginning to use it.

It appear very compatible with Clipper; you must modify only a little
bit of the source to have an EXE that is a real 32 bit program. But
remember that the result in a program that show a charatter windows like
DOS; the migration to GUI is not automatic, but you can do it at one's
convenience, one piece for time.

However I am at first experiment, and I'll like to know the impression
of another xBase user.

Tanks,
francesco

Richard Plazzotta ha scritto:

Quote:
> Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
> I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
> Thanks

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Hi,

We were about to jump the xbase wagon so we can salvage our old Clipper
code, but thank God we made the mode to Delphi.  It's rock solid, tighter
language, and excellent GUI interface to design screens, and let's not
foget, lots of 3rd party stuff just like the good old Clipper days.

--
Later...
Sergio

Please reply to:

Quote:
> Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
> I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
> Thanks

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?

Quote:

>Thanks, but this news group does not exist ! The nearest one to what you
>say is alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper

>Anyway, I don't think you can put ++ in a newsgroup name.

I confirm the validity of the newsgroup name, but your internet service
provider do not  carry it.
You can find public news server on the this site :
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/3959/usenet.html

contain the newsgroup about xbase++.  (alt.comp.databases.xbase++)

Pascal Gustine

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Xbase ++ : ANY INFO PLEASE ?
Check www.afaonline.com - it is the Xbase++ Discussion Group that is hosted
by Xbase.  I have been playing with it for about 2 months on a part time
basis.  It appears good.  I just received the Tools 2 weeks ago that mimic
Clipper Tools.

Biggest problem I've found is if you don't have third party library source
code, you have to either eliminate the function or rewrite it yourself.  If
you're using Grumpfish, there are some functions with Assembler routines
that you can not recompile to Xbase.  They should be eliminated and the
library recompiled.

Good Luck.

Bob Buckland

Quote:

> I'am beginning to use it.

> It appear very compatible with Clipper; you must modify only a little
> bit of the source to have an EXE that is a real 32 bit program. But
> remember that the result in a program that show a charatter windows like
> DOS; the migration to GUI is not automatic, but you can do it at one's
> convenience, one piece for time.

> However I am at first experiment, and I'll like to know the impression
> of another xBase user.

> Tanks,
> francesco

> Richard Plazzotta ha scritto:

> > Is anyone out there using Xbase ++ yet ?
> > I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback.
> > Thanks

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FAT info and Disk info please!

2. xbase to clarion with reserved word as xbase variable

3. please, please, please, please, help

5. HELP !..PLEASE,PLEASe,PLEAse,PLEase,PLease,Please,please.....

6. Info please on syntax desecription

7. Info please -- "High Level Assembler"

8. Info please - High Level Assembler - USING at top of page

9. Data File Info Please

10. Please help with info

11. Info please: Parsing Classes in Eiffel

12. Help please w/ indexing errors (more info)