How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File
Author Message
 How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File

I am having a problem adding next to a memo file and inserting a
carridge return or Chr(13) into the file

My Code reads as follows:-

        vText   :=      memofile->memo

I wish to to the following

        vText   :=      vText   + chr(13) + "Hello World"

        replace memofile->memo with vText

When I display the memo file with MemoEdit, the carrige return does
not have any effect other than the placing of trhe ASC eqivalent
character in the file. How can I hard code a carridge return when I
append the text to the existing text.

Thanks

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:52:27 GMT
 How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File
Lawrence

Try
    CHR(13) + CHR(10)

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Quote:
> I am having a problem adding next to a memo file and inserting a
> carridge return or Chr(13) into the file

> My Code reads as follows:-

> vText := memofile->memo

> I wish to to the following

> vText := vText + chr(13) + "Hello World"

> replace memofile->memo with vText

> When I display the memo file with MemoEdit, the carrige return does
> not have any effect other than the placing of trhe ASC eqivalent
> character in the file. How can I hard code a carridge return when I
> append the text to the existing text.

> Thanks

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:51:29 GMT
 How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File
Tried that but the ascii representations of those charachhters appear
in the memoedit

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:51:29 +1000, "Stephen Quinn"

Lawrence

Try
    CHR(13) + CHR(10)

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

message

Quote:
> I am having a problem adding next to a memo file and inserting a
> carridge return or Chr(13) into the file

> My Code reads as follows:-

> vText := memofile->memo

> I wish to to the following

> vText := vText + chr(13) + "Hello World"

> replace memofile->memo with vText

> When I display the memo file with MemoEdit, the carrige return does
> not have any effect other than the placing of trhe ASC eqivalent
> character in the file. How can I hard code a carridge return when I
> append the text to the existing text.

> Thanks

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:25:13 GMT
 How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File
This works, I use it all the time

IF .NOT. EMPTY(note)
   REPLACE note WITH trim(note)+CHR(13)+CHR(10)
ENDIF
REPLACE note WITH note+"Hello World"

--
Jon Justin
Harmony Software

Quote:
> I am having a problem adding next to a memo file and inserting a
> carridge return or Chr(13) into the file

> My Code reads as follows:-

> vText := memofile->memo

> I wish to to the following

> vText := vText + chr(13) + "Hello World"

> replace memofile->memo with vText

> When I display the memo file with MemoEdit, the carrige return does
> not have any effect other than the placing of trhe ASC eqivalent
> character in the file. How can I hard code a carridge return when I
> append the text to the existing text.

> Thanks

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:40:31 GMT
 How to add a Carrige Return to a memo File

Quote:

>Tried that but the ascii representations of those charachhters appear
>in the memoedit

Check the order, chr(13)+chr(10) and not chr(10)+chr(13).
If this is correct, maybe you have extra control characters in the
field.

You must extract the contents of the field with the memoline()
function, or if you want edit/show it use memoedit().

If you use dispout() then the CR/LF are converted with "visible
characters"

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:04:16 GMT

1. Removing End of Line and carrige return

2. Removing carrige return in a specific position

3. Carrige return Problem where did I go wrong

4. MEMO FIELD TO STING: Then add strings as records to item file

5. Memo file size error, 0 bytes filesize returned

6. dbase memo from .TPS file memo

7. Memo field, I need a carriage return

8. Adding to Memo Fields

9. Add to the end of a memo