Mail list shut down
Author Message
 Mail list shut down

To eliminate confusion, I deactivated the OpenClip mail list.  Antonio has
clearly stated that this project WILL be named OpenClipper.  Although I
personally like the name, I feel it is a clear invitation to legal action by
CA for trademark infringement.  I do not have the financial resources to
throw away in defending a lawsuit over a name.  If anyone sincerely believes
that it won't happen, or doesn't matter, then they are free to contribute to
the OpenClipper activity.

I am clearly in support of the project, but not the liability of the name.
I took the time to do some research, and the name Clipper is clearly
trademarked by CA ... not just CA-Clipper, but Clipper itself.  Also, CA has
a product called Open Ingress.  The use of Open Clipper is just too similar,
and a trademark infringement lawsuit can be clearly presented on
"similarities that cause confusion among consumers."

Antonio has definitively nixed the OpenClip term ... so the use of a mail
list with that name would be confusing.  It is now shut down.

Tim Stone

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail list shut down
Tim,

On a previous message I have told you that I understand your arguments for
not naming this project as OpenClipper (what a pity...), so lets look for a
new name!!! :-)

OpenBase ?

Antonio

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail list shut down

Quote:
> OpenBase

I like that one.

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail list shut down
On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:00:48 +0200, "Antonio Linares"

Quote:

>Tim,

>On a previous message I have told you that I understand your arguments for
>not naming this project as OpenClipper (what a pity...), so lets look for a
>new name!!! :-)

>OpenBase ?

>Antonio

I propose CAPTAIN because in the old days we are just passengers and
now we want to drive our own ship. Beside that CAPTAIN is  Clipper
Advance Plus - initiated by Antonio lINares :)
--
Bambang P
Semarang 50144

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Mail list shut down

Quote:

>OpenBase ?

Better to have a name that means nothing at all.

Besides, as Pearson says, "open" is a much-abused term.  Anything that
has the word "open" in it can be expected to be as far from open as
possible.

Puns on sailing ships are good.  I liked REPLICA too.  But why not
just any old word Antonio likes?  How about something Spanish for
that matter?

IAC, it should be up to Antonio.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT

1. Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down

2. specTcl shuts down down Xserver!

3. Mail-list down?

4. Gwydion Dylan mailing lists down (temporary)

5. Test (ignore): Python mailing list may be down

6. Shutting down

7. Shutting down

8. When I click the POPUPARROW, Realbasic shuts down!!!!

9. Preventing to quit unless the system shuts down?

10. shutting down in VA4.5 impossible

11. Shutting down windows

12. Open Clarion website shut down.