Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox
Author Message
 Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox

commands to textbox or similar functions,in graphic
environement ,for Visual Fox ?

Peter Clapera

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox

Quote:

> commands to textbox or similar functions,in graphic
> environement ,for Visual Fox ?

> Peter Clapera

This question comes up from time to time and the answer so far has
always been no. I say that because someone may be working on one now.
Then again they may not.

Henry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox

Hi,

I don't think that there are utility for this conversion.

You can try to visit the web site http://www.universalthread.com for
greater information on the subject.

Quote:

>commands to textbox or similar functions,in graphic
>environement ,for Visual Fox ?

>Peter Clapera

Ciao
Annibale

http://users.iol.it/fredaannibale
http://utenti.tripod.it/fredaannibale

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox
Peter,

There are other areas where you will have to convert code to run under VFP
(Clipper does 'selects' differently, for example).  Once you've resolved the
code diffs between clipper and FoxPro you can then run your code as is.
Once the code is running, convert a section at time to OOP.  The things you
can do, and the way you do them, is often (usually) very different in an
Object Oriented rather than procedural environement.  There are 'conversion'
utilities that will take 'Dos' FoxPro code and convert it to
FoxProWindows....and FoxProWindows code will run Graphically in VFP....but
you haven't gained anything....

IOW.....run your dos code as prgs under VFP and convert your program a piece
at a time.  There are some excellent NG's (very active) on MSNews for VFP as
well as some Public one's sponsered by some of the comerecial
Frameworks...try them out.

Good Luck,

Bob

Quote:

> commands to textbox or similar functions,in graphic
> environement ,for Visual Fox ?

> Peter Clapera

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Clipper programs to Visual Fox

Quote:
> Ref.Converting Clipper Code to VFP

In order to make more clear this question
I'm looking for a tool to make the conversions automaticly.
I have a lot of programs to convert.
My 'project' is to 'make' a little dos utility for solve the majors diffs
and then convert all the screen code to and other equivalent VFP
graphic code. In extreme, I wish to write old code allways (like a
high level language), and obtain the visual one.

Any suggestions more,will be wellcomed.

Thank's

Peter from Spain

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper->Visual Fox Pro

2. Clipper / Visual Fox Pro

3. Clipper to Visual Fox Pro

4. I need a program to convert clipper programs to vb

5. Converting Clipper Code to Visual Basic

6. help converting clipper source to visual basic

7. converting clipper to visual objects

8. converting clipper to visual objects

9. converting clipper to visual objects

10. CW4/5 vs. Visual Fox