Abort printing at Term 0 error
Author Message
 Abort printing at Term 0 error

I've wrote a few lines of code to cancel printing if the printer was
shut off in middle of printing or out of paper:
        IF (upper(e:subsystem)=upper("TERM")) .AND. (e:subcode=0)
           rtn := alert("Printer Not Ready",{"Abort","Retry"})
           IF rtn != 2
                set device to screen
                set printer to
                set printer off
                set console on
           ENDIF
           rtn:=.t.
        ENDIF
this works properly in the sense that it just messes up the screen with
the rest of the printing job. But at some places this just ignores
itself and the error is being called again and again.
Also how can u detect if a printer on com1 is ready the way u do with
IsPrinter().

Compu Dime

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Abort printing at Term 0 error

Quote:
> I've wrote a few lines of code to cancel printing if the printer was
> shut off in middle of printing or out of paper:
> IF (upper(e:subsystem)=upper("TERM")) .AND. (e:subcode=0)
>    rtn := alert("Printer Not Ready",{"Abort","Retry"})
>    IF rtn != 2
> set device to screen
> set printer to
> set printer off
> set console on
>    ENDIF
>    rtn:=.t.
> ENDIF
> this works properly in the sense that it just messes up the screen with
> the rest of the printing job. But at some places this just ignores
> itself and the error is being called again and again.
> Also how can u detect if a printer on com1 is ready the way u do with
> IsPrinter().

    Win98?  Use fcreate(lpt,0)!

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

2. Error TERM / 0 Print error

3. Error TERM / 0 Print error

4. Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

5. Aborting when printing error to our Procedure

6. Print term error

7. Term Error printing on COM x in WinNT Wks

8. Term/0 Print error

9. DOS Error 3, TERM/2014 Create error: LPT2.PRN

10. Aborting Tasks with abort command

11. Expect: abort upon printing to /dev/null??

12. error reading <<file>>, aborting