CLIPPER 5.2E, EXOSPACE VS NETWARE 4.1
Author Message
 CLIPPER 5.2E, EXOSPACE VS NETWARE 4.1

Help everyone!!!

One of our customers has upgraded from netware 2.15 to
netware 4.1. Since the is been having problems with some
reports that take some time to process. Mainely, the
report does some printing, then take a bit of time
to process some data and then prints again. But it
takes more time than the timeout on the capture setting
and netware does an auto-eject every time the job exceed
the timeout. We tried to extend the timeout and it creates
more troubles: print job still auto-ejects, connection lost
and application hangs.

We tried to use NETX 3.33 in replacement of the VLMS.
It fixed the problem but we don't have access to
the netware directory services anymore. So could it be a
problem with the VLMS vs. clipper. We don't know for sure.
Our customer is doing some in-house development in clipper
and they don't have this kind of troubles. So we compared
our developement techniques and discovered that the only
difference is that they don't use EXOSPACE. Then what is
the problem.

1. Does anyone have ever had that kind of troubles?

2. Could it be a problem with EXOSPACE and the use of VLMS?

note : WE use CLIPPER 5.2e and EXOSPACE 1.0g

--
Hopem inc.
3060, Maricourt suite 215

Sun, 12 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CLIPPER 5.2E, EXOSPACE VS NETWARE 4.1
Bunch of ways to fix this. Let me make a suggestion. if you are using REPORT FORM (I'm guessing by what you have
said herein) prior to you report do a SET PRINTER TO "REPORT.RPT" ... then issue your REPORT FORM XXXX TO PRINT

.. Next SET PRINTER TO... (resets the printer). now, once you have done that... Get the data to your printer...
A variety of ways... depends on your output, and how big your report is.... I've on occasion run a shell to a NPRINT
to really do some big things... Or you can COPY the file to LPT1, or you can use Clipper tools stuff, ETC.

This will allow two things: 1) a way around the capture timeout (if you really need to use the capture
 timeout for something), and two, the report on disk.... which you can offer to "reprint" or throw away, etc.

Good luck

Quote:

> Help everyone!!!

> One of our customers has upgraded from netware 2.15 to
> netware 4.1. Since the is been having problems with some
> reports that take some time to process. Mainely, the
> report does some printing, then take a bit of time
> to process some data and then prints again. But it
> takes more time than the timeout on the capture setting
> and netware does an auto-eject every time the job exceed
> the timeout. We tried to extend the timeout and it creates
> more troubles: print job still auto-ejects, connection lost
> and application hangs.

> We tried to use NETX 3.33 in replacement of the VLMS.
> It fixed the problem but we don't have access to
> the netware directory services anymore. So could it be a
> problem with the VLMS vs. clipper. We don't know for sure.
> Our customer is doing some in-house development in clipper
> and they don't have this kind of troubles. So we compared
> our developement techniques and discovered that the only
> difference is that they don't use EXOSPACE. Then what is
> the problem.

> 1. Does anyone have ever had that kind of troubles?

> 2. Could it be a problem with EXOSPACE and the use of VLMS?

> note : WE use CLIPPER 5.2e and EXOSPACE 1.0g

> --
> Hopem inc.
> 3060, Maricourt suite 215
> Ste-Foy, Qubec
> G1W 4W2
> tel.     : (418) 658-0759
> fax     : (418) 658-9285

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///// On a Clear disk you can see for miles... at least I think that's right?
/////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.2e App migration from Netware 4.10 to Netware 5/NT4.0

2. Prnting to a Novell NetWare 4.1 printer from within Clipper 5.2e program

3. Strange problem with Clipper5.2e/Win95/Netware 4.1

4. problems between clipper and netware 4.1

5. Clipper 5.2d + Netware 4.1 + SixNSX 3.0 : Probs

6. Clipper / NetWare 4.1

7. Clipper and NetWare 4.1 - Printing problem

8. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

9. Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 4.1, W2K and the run-command

10. Clipper 5.2e on a Novell 4.1 network

11. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

12. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4