Where's FRED!
Author Message
 Where's FRED!

Hey Fred, let's get some interesting thread going on Visual Objects
verses other programming languages.
We are attempting to convert our massive project converted to use CDX
index files, and would like to know of the products in windows that
will happily coexist with the DOS apps side without disturbing our
indexes and such.  It seems that VB can't read the indexes from those
files created by Clipper either using DBFCDX or SIXCDX drivers.  Any
suggestions.  We may have to resort to some low level table
manipulation.  Has anyone experienced using DOS and Windows apps on
shared data over a network?

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Where's FRED!

  Has anyone experienced using DOS and Windows apps on

Quote:
> shared data over a network?

Have 6 mission-critical apps running in DOS and Windows simultaneously using
SIX drivers [or NTX] - no difference in performance on either platform and
dbfs average 50-80,000 records each.  All DOS in Clipper 5.2e Windows in
FiveWin - all conversions in less than 5 hours [same locking functions used in
both platforms].

stan littlefield
bti

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. missing 'Scrolling-fred-dialog-item'

2. Fred Kus's Web pages

3. Visual Fred?

4. Converting ~fred to home directory path

5. MPF- Is it time to look at Visual Fred

6. Making emacs indent like fred

7. FRED extensions?

8. Closing *fred-windows* in Allegro CL

9. Tcl/Tk incorporation (to Fred Higgs)

10. stream('file','c','seek ='x) problem

11. Wanted: Hints'n'Tips'n'Bits'n'Bobs

12. There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic operand