Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's
Author Message
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Anyone have a utility to do this?

Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

Please help

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:

>Anyone have a utility to do this?

>Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

>We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

There's a decompiler called valkyrie (sp?), and it should be available
through most programmer's catalogs or web sites (Zac, Provantage,
etc.)

I'm hoping you mean the version is Summer 87, since I don't remember a
S 86.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:

>>Anyone have a utility to do this?

>>Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

>>We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..
>There's a decompiler called valkyrie (sp?), and it should be available
>through most programmer's catalogs or web sites (Zac, Provantage,
>etc.)
>I'm hoping you mean the version is Summer 87, since I don't remember a
>S 86.
>Terry
>--------------------
>Terry Carmen
>Meadowbrook Software

>NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
>BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

cheers! - a bit costly though!

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:

>>>Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!
>>>We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

>>There's a decompiler called valkyrie (sp?), and it should be available
>>through most programmer's catalogs or web sites (Zac, Provantage,
>>etc.)

>cheers! - a bit costly though!

There are no free decompilers, so the only options are to buy a
decompiler, or not get the source code back.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:

> I'm hoping you mean the version is Summer 87, since I don't remember a
> S 86.

You're too young :-)

There was a Autumn '86 version.  I've been with Clipper since.

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:
> Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

> We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

Sue him.

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

Quote:
> > Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

> > We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

> Sue him.

Before going legal, wouldn't it be cheaper to phone up and ask for the
source? :-)

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading compiled Summer '86 exe's

In article , Dave says...

Quote:

>> > Our Clipper guru left 3 years ago with the source and documentation!

>> > We need to rework the code but have no hope without the source..

>> Sue him.

>Before going legal, wouldn't it be cheaper to phone up and ask for the
>source? :-)

This reminds me of Mitchell's first rule of contracting:

If there's a question as to the relationship with the prior programmer, satisfy
yourself that there was no problem with the potential client or move on to the
next potential client. Ask every question that comes to mind and then ask some
more questions.

Richard Mitchell

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Decompiler for Clipper Autumn '86 ?

2. Win95 - DOS error 5 / Autumn '86

3. CAIS '86 info required

4. Diana '86

5. D-base III and Clipper summer of 86

6. Summer 87 or Autum 86 advertising required

7. Autumn 86 vs Summer 87

8. Summer 87', windows, and share.exe

9. Decompile Clipper Summer'87 EXE

10. Summer '87 Mouse clicks & GET/READ