multiple Rlocks()
Author Message
 multiple Rlocks()

Gentlemen, in roder to emulate Novell semaphores, I need to able to:

1) Perform more than 1 rlock() at a time, per user, per file.
2) Have all rlocks released automatically when the file is closed, due
to either a normal file statement (" use" or other), or to an
app/hardware failure.

I know ADS (Advantage) allows more than one rlock() (actually ax_Rlock
()), but I am not sure if it releases the locks if the applications
closes.

The question is: Is there another library that allows multiple rlocks
()? Does it also allows transaction rollback and stuff?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 multiple Rlocks()
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:26:35 GMT, mauriciofeijo.com

Quote:

>Gentlemen, in roder to emulate Novell semaphores, I need to able to:

<snip>

Why not use them instead of emulating?? It's in Clipper tools and it
works fine. I use it to keep track of the numer of users running a
Clipper app.

*** semaphore functions in CA-Tools
 NNETSEMCLO() Closes a semaphore
 NNETSEMOPC() Determines the number of stations that have opened a
semaphore
 NNETSEMOPN() Opens and initializes a semaphore
 NNETSEMSGN() Increments a semaphore
 NNETSEMVAL() Determines a semaphore's value
 NNETSEMWAI() Decrements a semaphore

Jules Alberts

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 multiple Rlocks()

Quote:
> Gentlemen, in roder to emulate Novell semaphores, I need to able to:

> 1) Perform more than 1 rlock() at a time, per user, per file.
> 2) Have all rlocks released automatically when the file is closed, due
> to either a normal file statement (" use" or other), or to an
> app/hardware failure.

Hello

Cliper 5.x:

( <someAlias> )->( DBRLock( <1stRecNo> ) )
( <someAlias> )->( DBRLock( <2ndRecNo> ) )
( <someAlias> )->( DBRLock( <NthRecNo> ) )

( <someAlias> )->( DBUnlock() )    // release all locks
( <someAlias> )->( DBRUnlock( <NthRecNo> ) ) // release Nth recno

HTH

Marcos Nogueira
S. Paulo - Brasil

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any problems using multiple RLOCK()'s?

2. How many RLock()s per file under S'87

3. Different offsets for rlock in comix vs. six3

4. How to rlock 2 records ?

5. Data corruption from failed rlock()

6. RLOCK() Problem Win95/NetWare 3.12

7. Rlock() wonder..

8. Crystal Reports and Rlocks CA-clipper

9. RLock() on Netware over NT Gateway

10. Rlock Error !

11. Rlock()

12. rlock() and dbunlock() in Replaceing DBF