SIx Driver (SuccessWare) VariField Technology (Shrinks Indexes/DBFs)
Author Message
 SIx Driver (SuccessWare) VariField Technology (Shrinks Indexes/DBFs)

Quote:

> I received a card in the mail from SuccessWare selling their new Release
> 3.5 for Clipper 5.3.  I have a "shrinking" question regarding VariFields.
> blank spots, but very repetitive.  Anyone have an idea of what kind of
> "shrinking" we could receive using the VariField Technology?

No, but maybe doing some kind of normalization on those tables will already help
a lot...

Anne.

* If you don't like the way I drive, get of the sidewalk. *

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver (SuccessWare) VariField Technology (Shrinks Indexes/DBFs)

No,no,no. This is no thing of compressing database, but compressing fields
and online. That means, you can write integer 10 numbers in 4 bytes and
read it normaly from your app without any more decompression ( driver is
thinking for you ). This can be very interesting if your database is
consisted of numeric fields mostly.

Quote:
> The databases we use are very repetitive and very large.  PKZIP can
> compress the DBFs down to about 8% of normal without even doing using -eX
> parameter.  Again, the databases are very large, and there are few
totally
> blank spots, but very repetitive.  Anyone have an idea of what kind of
> "shrinking" we could receive using the VariField Technology?

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC driver for Successware Six Driver

2. Newest version of SIX driver from Successware

3. SuccessWare SIX driver

4. CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing

5. Successware Six product

6. Successware SIX3 NSX indexes

7. Re-Index with Six

8. Ca Tools and Six Driver

9. SIx Driver RDD

10. wanted: DOS Clipper 5.2 SIX-RDD-driver (or serial)

11. Reindex with Six Driver

12. SIX Driver Set Scope