Problems installing Clipper 5.2e patch & HiperSix
Author Message
 Problems installing Clipper 5.2e patch & HiperSix

After 4 years away from Clipper, I've started developing again and it's
like slipping on an old glove.  I thought that I should update to the
latest patch level, but have run into problems with Clipper.LIB.

All my LIB's get patched correctly, except for Clipper.LIB.  Patch.ERR says
:

ENTRY: CLIPPER.LIB
    Warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name
was
               found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Is this going to cause me any trouble ?

I was also using the freeware version of HiperSix for indexes, but it also
seems to be doing strange things when I try to do an order change with
DB->( ordsetfocus( "DB1" ) ).  It will neither set nor return character
orders correctly, but will work OK with numeric ordinal order values, such
as DB->( ordsetfocus( 2 ) ).  ordsetfocus() returns the DBF name, not the
order name.

Any ideas on either of these ?

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems installing Clipper 5.2e patch & HiperSix

Quote:

>After 4 years away from Clipper, I've started developing again and it's
>like slipping on an old glove.  I thought that I should update to the
>latest patch level, but have run into problems with Clipper.LIB.

>All my LIB's get patched correctly, except for Clipper.LIB.  Patch.ERR says
>:

>ENTRY: CLIPPER.LIB
>    Warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name
>was
>               found. No update done since file contents do not match.

>Is this going to cause me any trouble ?

Hell yes! That's one of the main things that needs to be patched.

Install off the floppies and patch again.

Quote:
>I was also using the freeware version of HiperSix for indexes, but it also
>seems to be doing strange things when I try to do an order change with
>DB->( ordsetfocus( "DB1" ) ).  It will neither set nor return character
>orders correctly, but will work OK with numeric ordinal order values, such
>as DB->( ordsetfocus( 2 ) ).  ordsetfocus() returns the DBF name, not the
>order name.

>Any ideas on either of these ?

You can try: Delete the indexes and build them again, but there's no
guarantee. If you add an index by the same tag name, it doesn't
overwrite the old one, it just turns it off and tacks another order to
the end.

Index deletion and rebuild is the only way to clean it up.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      The game will never end. For the game is
        life itself, and life is Who We Are.

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems installing Clipper 5.2e patch & HiperSix
I had this problem when i tried to patch from a windows dos box, reverting
to a full dos session cured it.

Mike Morrison

Quote:
> After 4 years away from Clipper, I've started developing again and it's
> like slipping on an old glove.  I thought that I should update to the
> latest patch level, but have run into problems with Clipper.LIB.

> All my LIB's get patched correctly, except for Clipper.LIB.  Patch.ERR
says
> :

> ENTRY: CLIPPER.LIB
>     Warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name
> was
>                found. No update done since file contents do not match.

> Is this going to cause me any trouble ?

> I was also using the freeware version of HiperSix for indexes, but it also
> seems to be doing strange things when I try to do an order change with
> DB->( ordsetfocus( "DB1" ) ).  It will neither set nor return character
> orders correctly, but will work OK with numeric ordinal order values, such
> as DB->( ordsetfocus( 2 ) ).  ordsetfocus() returns the DBF name, not the
> order name.

> Any ideas on either of these ?

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems installing Clipper 5.2e patch & HiperSix
Reverted back to original 5.2 disks and then applied the patch.  Works
perfectly.
Now, if only BlinkInc would patch me to 3.01 !!

Quote:
> After 4 years away from Clipper, I've started developing again and it's
> like slipping on an old glove.  I thought that I should update to the
> latest patch level, but have run into problems with Clipper.LIB.

> All my LIB's get patched correctly, except for Clipper.LIB.  Patch.ERR
says
> :

> ENTRY: CLIPPER.LIB
>     Warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name
> was
>                found. No update done since file contents do not match.

> Is this going to cause me any trouble ?

> I was also using the freeware version of HiperSix for indexes, but it
also
> seems to be doing strange things when I try to do an order change with
> DB->( ordsetfocus( "DB1" ) ).  It will neither set nor return character
> orders correctly, but will work OK with numeric ordinal order values,
such
> as DB->( ordsetfocus( 2 ) ).  ordsetfocus() returns the DBF name, not the
> order name.

> Any ideas on either of these ?

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBU & Clipper 5.2e patch

2. patch for Clipper 5.2e

3. Clipper 5.2d to 5.2e patch German version

4. clipper 5.2e patch

5. Patch of German Clipper 5.2c to 5.2e nedded

6. Clipper 5.2e Upgrade Patch ...

7. Clipper 5.2e patch

8. Clipper 5.2e patch

9. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

10. For, Clip-4-Dos & Clipper 5.2e

11. Clipper 5.2e & Blinker 6.0

12. DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000