Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler
Author Message
 Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler

Does anyone have more information?

Armando

Quote:
>   Five 1.0 is a real 32 bits Compiler that uses the same Clipper syntax,
>   source code and aditionally a FiveWin 32 bits version of FiveWin
>   library compiled with Five 1.0. Five 1.0, is a full compiler,
>   self-contained product.
>   Five 1.0 does not required the usual CA-Clipper and it is compatible
>   with the best known Windows Exe Linkers: Blinker, Borland TLink,
>   Symantec OptLink, Microsoft Link386, etcetera.

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler

While I am certainly interested in this Five 1.0 product, and have
signed up for its mailing list, and looked at its demo, I want to
quibble with the title.  Actually, the quibble leads into a question, so
it has a purpose.

There seem to be at least two "32-bit Clipper Compiler"s which have beat
Five to the punch:  Flagship and XBase/2.  Of course, neither of those
is *Win*32, which might have been what was actually intended.  XBase++
for Win32 may or may not actually get released before Five.  I am
interested in both, but neither is quite out of the vaporware stage.

If we expand our focus a bit beyond "Clipper-compatible" compilers to
XBase development languages which are currently supported and available,
what is there (32bit, Windoze, and otherwise)?  Below are some that come
to mind, but I assume I have forgotten some:

        Clipper (optionally w/ FiveWin or Clip4Win)
        Flagship
        Visual DBase 5.5
        Visual Foxpro
        OnCmd/2
        XBase++ for OS/2

        (Delphi with language add-ons?)

I do not think, for example, you can actually directly BUY Foxpro 2.6
anymore, so I do not list that.

Of these, and those I have forgotten, what are their relative merits and
demerits? Any comments on any?

Yours, Lulu...

philos. | powers of IP- and crypto-tyrrany have entered into an unholy
umass.  | alliance...ideas have nothing to lose but their chains.  Unite
edu     | against "intellectual property" and anti-privacy regimes!
    PGP 2.6 key: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~quilty/lulu-pgp.html

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler

Lulu,

Quote:
> There seem to be at least two "32-bit Clipper Compiler"s which have beat
> Five to the punch:  Flagship and XBase/2.  Of course, neither of those
> is *Win*32, which might have been what was actually intended.  XBase++
> for Win32 may or may not actually get released before Five.  I am

I seem to remember that xBase++  supports Win32S.
The docs are somewhere in the boxes here around me (even went through the
trouble of opening a couple of them :), so I can't be sure.

Anne.

* If you don't pay the exorcist are you reposessed? *

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler

Hi,

Does anyone can tell me where is download site of XBase++ ?

Thanks !

Aten

Quote:

Lotus-Eaters)

> Lulu,

> > There seem to be at least two "32-bit Clipper Compiler"s which have
beat
> > Five to the punch:  Flagship and XBase/2.  Of course, neither of those
> > is *Win*32, which might have been what was actually intended.  XBase++
> > for Win32 may or may not actually get released before Five.  I am

> I seem to remember that xBase++  supports Win32S.
> The docs are somewhere in the boxes here around me (even went through the
> trouble of opening a couple of them :), so I can't be sure.

> Anne.

> * If you don't pay the exorcist are you reposessed? *

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Five 1.0 first 32-bit Clipper Compiler

Quote:
>While I am certainly interested in this Five 1.0 product, and have
>signed up for its mailing list, and looked at its demo, I want to
>quibble     with the title.  Actually, the quibble leads into a
question, so
>it has a purpose.

>There seem to be at least two "32-bit Clipper Compiler"s which have
beat
>Five to the punch:  Flagship and XBase/2.  Of course, neither of
those
>is *Win*32, which might have been what was actually intended.
XBase++
>for Win32 may or may not actually get released before Five.  I am
>interested in both, but neither is quite out of the vaporware stage.

>If we expand our focus a bit beyond "Clipper-compatible" compilers to
>XBase development languages which are currently supported and
available,
>what is there (32bit, Windoze, and otherwise)?  Below are some that
come
>to mind, but I assume I have forgotten some:

>    Clipper (optionally w/ FiveWin or Clip4Win)
>    Flagship
>    Visual DBase 5.5
>    Visual Foxpro
>    OnCmd/2
>    XBase++ for OS/2

>    (Delphi with language add-ons?)

>I do not think, for example, you can actually directly BUY Foxpro 2.6
>anymore, so I do not list that.

>Of these, and those I have forgotten, what are their relative merits
and
>demerits? Any comments on any?

Lulu,

We are awaiting the soon-to-be-released Visual FlagShip
product, and if we can believe what we've been told,
<I have no reason to doubt my source>
will give us (developers) what we've been screaming for,
for years: A true multiplatform UNIX/Win3.1/Win3.11/Win95/WinNT
development tool that will let us use one set of source code to
create true executables (royalty free distribution).

Below is an excerpt from a conversation I had with an engineer
at FlagShip, after relaying to him our urgency to get the product.

..Of course, I understand. FlagShip is (or exactly: will be soon) the
ONLY system available for both the Win32 and any brand of Unices,
fully source and data compatible to each other. Since you're familiar
with FlagShip you know, that we publish it (and make it available)
after it is REALLY working and no bugs are known. That's our general
and quality policy. You may believe me, we all are unhappy about
the delay.

Best regards,
<name omitted>
multisoft Datentechnik GmbH  ~~|)  |))   Telephone  (+49-89) 649-0040
POBox 312                      |)) |)))  Fax        (+49-89) 641-2974

http://www.fship.com          \      /   CompuServe 74431,552 & GO
FLAGSHIP

We currently use Clipper on DOS and FlagShip on Linux/SCO UNIX & AIX
environments. Will keep you posted after receiving VFS.

--
God bless,

Jeremiah Lydia,  CEO -  JLTech  [U.S.A.]

< Faith: The bridge from this world to the next >

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Five 1.0 32-bit Windows Clipper Compiler Demo!

2. Five 1.0: The 32 bits Clipper-compatible compiler by FiveTech

3. FiveTech 32 Bit Clipper Compiler

4. 32 bit Clipper compatible compiler

5. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

6. Building 32 bit DLL from 32 bit EXE

7. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

8. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

9. Calling 32-bit FORTRAN dlls from 32-bit VB

10. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

11. 32-bit ST/V outruns 32-bit ST80 on Intel

12. Clipper and 32 bit applications