Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D??? 
Author Message
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
{Running out of conventional memory and I need to have program work ...
trying to compile in   }
{extended mode or dual mode .... and the following code gives me GPFs
.... it is everywhere.... }
{What am I doing wrong? .... }

Using clipper 5.2e and Blinker 3.3

**************** code snippit ***************  kbctest.prg
delest := .F.

set cursor on
read
set cursor off
if lastkey() = 27 .or. !delest
        restscreen(24,00,24,79,l24)
return
endif
*********************************************

*********************************************
Compile with statement:   P:\>clipper kbctest.prg /b/m/p
*********************************************

*********************************************
Link with statement:      P:\>blinker blinker executable dual file
kbctest
*********************************************

P:\>kbctest       <<<<Run Program ..... get this? .... works okay
without blinker executable dual?

BLX286 : 1313 : exception error 0D : general protection fault, code =
01F8h

Active host is DPMI (v3.30 iP5 65535 Kb)

Reg  Value  Limit  Base       Flags  Segment  Module    File
CS   0117   FC55   80DB00D0   FB00     02     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
DS   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
ES   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
SS   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE

[Code byte CS] 2B C0 89 46 F8 89 56 FA [IP] C4 5E F8 8B 46 06 B1 06 D3
E0

[Registers]  AX=0000  BX=FFFF  CX=0106  DX=01F8   CS:IP=0117:4344
             SI=0082  DI=AF1B  BP=AEB0  SP=AEA0
             FL=0246  NV UP EI NT PL ZR NA PE NC

[Stack value SS] 026F 008F 486F FFEF 026F 026F 787D AF1B 0082 0000 FFF0
0010
            [SP] 0082 50F6 0200 01F7 0000 01F8 01F7 AEBA AEB8 44BF 01F8
03FF

[Stack frame SS] 0082 0000 FFF0 0010 0082 50F6 0200 01F7 0000 01F8 01F7
AEBA
            [BP] AEB8 44BF 01F8 03FF AECC 6182 0117 01F8 FFFE 0082 0000
2192

P:\>



Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

Quote:
>What am I doing wrong? .... }

You didn't RTFM <g>. The libraries that come with Clipper itself
aren't protected mode compatible. BlinkInc developed replacements
which need to be linked in by using the link script command SEARCH
BLXCLP52 _before_ any Clipper libraries that may be listed in your
link script.

Ray



Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

Quote:

>HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
>{Running out of conventional memory and I need to have program work ...
>trying to compile in   }
>{extended mode or dual mode .... and the following code gives me GPFs
>.... it is everywhere.... }
>{What am I doing wrong? .... }
>Using clipper 5.2e and Blinker 3.3
>**************** code snippit ***************  kbctest.prg
>delest := .F.
>tone(648,1)


>set cursor on
>read
>set cursor off
>if lastkey() = 27 .or. !delest
>        restscreen(24,00,24,79,l24)     <------------------------------------   restscreen( tr,tc,br,bc,var)
>return
>endif
>*********************************************
>*********************************************
>Compile with statement:   P:\>clipper kbctest.prg /b/m/p
>*********************************************
>*********************************************
>Link with statement:      P:\>blinker blinker executable dual file
>kbctest
>*********************************************
>P:\>kbctest       <<<<Run Program ..... get this? .... works okay
>without blinker executable dual?
>BLX286 : 1313 : exception error 0D : general protection fault, code =
>01F8h
>Active host is DPMI (v3.30 iP5 65535 Kb)
>Reg  Value  Limit  Base       Flags  Segment  Module    File
>CS   0117   FC55   80DB00D0   FB00     02     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
>DS   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
>ES   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
>SS   0157   FFFF   80D8B4AC   F300     0A     KBCTEST   P:\KBCTEST.EXE
>[Code byte CS] 2B C0 89 46 F8 89 56 FA [IP] C4 5E F8 8B 46 06 B1 06 D3
>E0
>[Registers]  AX=0000  BX=FFFF  CX=0106  DX=01F8   CS:IP=0117:4344
>             SI=0082  DI=AF1B  BP=AEB0  SP=AEA0
>             FL=0246  NV UP EI NT PL ZR NA PE NC
>[Stack value SS] 026F 008F 486F FFEF 026F 026F 787D AF1B 0082 0000 FFF0
>0010
>            [SP] 0082 50F6 0200 01F7 0000 01F8 01F7 AEBA AEB8 44BF 01F8
>03FF
>[Stack frame SS] 0082 0000 FFF0 0010 0082 50F6 0200 01F7 0000 01F8 01F7
>AEBA
>            [BP] AEB8 44BF 01F8 03FF AECC 6182 0117 01F8 FFFE 0082 0000
>2192
>P:\>

Hello KBcollie

1st thing I see (if there is anything wrong) is the restscreen()
statement - it does not have the variable name for restoring variable
data from.

blinker says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1313: exception error nn : <exception type>, code = nnnnh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  This message indicates that a protection exception of the specified
  type has occured during the execution of the program. This is an
  application program error not a DOS extender error, and indicates
  that the application program has attempted an unauthorised
operation.

  The exception types and a brief description of their causes are
  listed below. The numeric code will often indicate the value causing
  the error, for example an invalid selector being loaded into a
  segment register or a pointer beyond the end of a segment.

  This error message will be followed by a dump of all the processor
  registers and various other information. Analysis of this
information
  is covered in more detail in Chapter 5, DOS Extended / Dual Mode
  Programs.

        Exception 0d: general protection fault
        All protection violations which do not cause another exception
        cause a general protection exception. These include exceeding
        segment limits, attempting to load invalid selectors into
        segment registers, attempting to execute data and attempting
to
        write to code.

=======
clipper says:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Syntax

     RESTSCREEN([<nTop>], [<nLeft>],
        [<nBottom>], [<nRight>], <cScreen>) --> NIL

 Arguments

     <nTop>, <nLeft>, <nBottom>, and <nRight> define the
     coordinates of the screen information contained in <cScreen>.  If
the
     <cScreen> was saved without coordinates to preserve the entire
screen,
     no screen coordinates are necessary with RESTSCREEN().

     <cScreen> is a character string containing the saved screen
region.
=======

try using creating an and using a memory variable to restrict the
restscreen to use.  Remember Clipper is very fickle!  Always refer to
the reference and don't assume that it will WORK!

Hope this work ,  let me know what's up!

maurice



Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

Quote:

> *********************************************
> Link with statement:      P:\>blinker blinker executable dual file
> kbctest
> *********************************************

> P:\>kbctest       <<<<Run Program ..... get this? .... works okay
> without blinker executable dual?

doesn't blinker need to search a specific file for dual or extended to
be set up correctly??? where is that in your link line???

hope that helps point out a direction.

Jim



Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???


Quote:
>{extended mode or dual mode .... and the following code gives me GPFs
>..... it is everywhere.... }
>{What am I doing wrong? .... }

>Using clipper 5.2e and Blinker 3.3
..
>Link with statement:      P:\>blinker blinker executable dual file
>kbctest

When linking dual or extended, there's one more thing you gotta
do: SEARCH BLXCLP52

   Yog-Sothoth Neblod Zin,
      John Millington



Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

Quote:

> >What am I doing wrong? .... }

> You didn't RTFM <g>. The libraries that come with Clipper itself
> aren't protected mode compatible. BlinkInc developed replacements
> which need to be linked in by using the link script command SEARCH
> BLXCLP52 _before_ any Clipper libraries that may be listed in your
> link script.

> Ray

Thanks ... that fixed my snippit ... but in my application I had it
setup as the last line .... i think now maybe some of the libraries I'm
using are not protected mode compatible ... mainly Funcky 2.01 ... i
think ... I am trying to find an upgrade online .... thanks for the tip
.... next time I'll RTM. <grin>


Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Blinker 3.3 GPF 1313 exception error 0D???

Quote:
>.... next time I'll RTM. <grin>

Why be different? <VBG>

Ray



Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Blinker: 1313: exception error 0D

2. Blinker err (BLX286 1313 : Exception 0D

3. Phil Barnet: Blinker BLX286 1313 0D Error

4. Blinker BLX286 1313 0D Error

5. BLX286 : 1313 : exception error 0D : general protection fault, code = 0000h

6. BLX286 : 1313 : exception error 0D

7. BLX286 : 1313 : Exception error 0D / help

8. Blinker error 1313 GPF - any help out there????

9. Blinker 1313 GPF, REINDEX command - HELP!

10. Error BLX 1313 Exception Error in Clip 5.2e application

11. HELP ! blinker exception error 0D

12. Blinker 1313 error while reindexing.

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software