Sometimes my NTX files are coruupted.
Some sugestions???

Robert

Tue, 27 May 2003 01:46:13 GMT
 CORRUPTION DETECTED ERROR
Hi
If the app runs on a network it seems there are problems with ntx indexes on
networks
There are two solutions:
-Switch to cdx or
-Avoid appending records to the database.This can be done as   follows:
if you estimate that the dbf is going to reach lets say 100.000 records in a
years time you start the application by building a dbf with 100.000
empty records.Then instead of appending new records you just seek
the first empty record and replace data.This will also increase speed
when you add new data to the file.You should include a dbf resize
utility in your app which should run with the file opened exclusively
Regards
Alexis Gaitanis

-----Original

Quote:

>I have a Clipper 5.2e (international)
>Sometimes my NTX files are coruupted.
>Some sugestions???

>Robert

Wed, 28 May 2003 08:56:21 GMT
 CORRUPTION DETECTED ERROR
From my experiences I have run across this whenever two things happen:
1. I have opened a dbf and missed opening an associated index file with it.
Double-check ur file use routine.. make sure all indexes are opened with
their correct dbfs (also make sure there isn't any place where they are
being closed & reopend behind your back too!)
2.The actual DBF has become corrupt- create a new dbf
USE BROKEN.DBF
COPY STRUCT TO TEMP
USE TEMP
APPEND FROM BROKEN
ERASE BROKEN
THEN rebuild your indexes from scratch (del *.ntx)

If this works and then all of a sudden doesn't anymore, look at #1 above.

Hope helps

Jonathan

Quote:
> I have a Clipper 5.2e (international)
> Sometimes my NTX files are coruupted.
> Some sugestions???

> Robert

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 23:10:40 GMT

1. Corruption Detected Error on NTX with 2 versions of Clipper 5.2

2. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected error

3. DBFNTX/1012 Corruption Detected Error

4. Corruption detected error

5. Corruption detected error :(

6. Clipper 5.3 Corruption Detected Error

7. Corruption Detected Error

8. Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

9. Detecting Corruption Deteted Error

10. Read error / Corruption detected while running on Netware drive

11. Read Error / Corruption Detected On Netware Drive

12. Error _DBFCDX/8006 Corruption detected