Clipper & VB DLL 
Author Message
 Clipper & VB DLL

Is it possible to make Clipper talk to a VB.DLL? Would open a lot of
opportunities for me.


Sun, 09 Nov 2003 23:41:35 GMT  
 Clipper & VB DLL

Quote:

> Is it possible to make Clipper talk to a VB.DLL? Would open a lot of
> opportunities for me.

On which operating system?  What do you mean by Clipper?
87/5.01/5.2/5.3?  What is the final exe: DOS, DOS extended, Windows
(Clip4Win)?

A



Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:43:20 GMT  
 Clipper & VB DLL
The operating system should be Windows. Clipper should be version 5.2 or 5.3
and the final exe DOS ord DOS extended. It should be pure Clipper cause I
think that it allows for much faster data input than Windows programs like
Clip4Win.


Quote:

> > Is it possible to make Clipper talk to a VB.DLL? Would open a lot of
> > opportunities for me.

> On which operating system?  What do you mean by Clipper?
> 87/5.01/5.2/5.3?  What is the final exe: DOS, DOS extended, Windows
> (Clip4Win)?

> A



Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:46:40 GMT  
 Clipper & VB DLL

Quote:

> The operating system should be Windows. Clipper should be version 5.2 or 5.3
> and the final exe DOS ord DOS extended. It should be pure Clipper cause I
> think that it allows for much faster data input than Windows programs like
> Clip4Win.

Your last sentence is bullsh*t.  Ask Karl Nitchke or Sean Webb.  They
have very successful apps written in Clip4Win with _very_ satisfied
customers.  The data input is as fast as you design it.

Back to the topic: if you make your EXE DOS extended and use Blinker
(suggestion is at least 5.1 but better to go for 6.0) than you can use
the VB.DLL.  Look at the Blinker documentation for details.

A



Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:32:30 GMT  
 Clipper & VB DLL
Thanks. I'll give it a try (BLINKER).


Quote:

> > The operating system should be Windows. Clipper should be version 5.2 or
5.3
> > and the final exe DOS ord DOS extended. It should be pure Clipper cause
I
> > think that it allows for much faster data input than Windows programs
like
> > Clip4Win.

> Your last sentence is bullsh*t.  Ask Karl Nitchke or Sean Webb.  They
> have very successful apps written in Clip4Win with _very_ satisfied
> customers.  The data input is as fast as you design it.

> Back to the topic: if you make your EXE DOS extended and use Blinker
> (suggestion is at least 5.1 but better to go for 6.0) than you can use
> the VB.DLL.  Look at the Blinker documentation for details.

> A



Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:14:44 GMT  
 Clipper & VB DLL

Quote:

> Thanks. I'll give it a try (BLINKER).

As far as I remember you will find the info somewhere in the help or
probably in some readme for Clipper directory for DLL related stuff.  It
is even possible to use DLLs (which don't use Windows only services) in
plain DOS.  Of course, the DLL should (must) be 16bit. :-(

A



Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:59:06 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

2. Problem with VB DLL & Clarion 5B EE

3. HELP: Fortran Powerstation 4 DLL & VB

4. call vb dll (will pop up vb form) form python

5. VB+Artemis 5.0 & Clipper

6. Help on Net Express COBOL dll and calling the DLL from VB program

7. VB program can find VF 5 DLL but not equivalent VF 6.1 DLL

8. Clipper DLL's using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 5.10

9. Wanted: 32-bit AWK DLL for VB app

10. clarion 5.5ee dll in VB [Urgent]

11. calling CW-dll from VB

12. Calling Clarion DLL from VB

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software