DBF File - Corruption detected
Author Message
 DBF File - Corruption detected

Hi,

I have a big problem. One of my files started to give the error Corruption
detected and now I can't open it with Clipper or DBU or DBaseIII.

It's a very important file in my app.

I need any tool which can repair the file.

Can someone help, PLEASE.

Arsnio

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:51:47 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:51:47 -0000, "Tavinfor & AlgarSoft"
Quote:

>I have a big problem. One of my files started to give the error Corruption
>detected and now I can't open it with Clipper or DBU or DBaseIII.

I haven't had really corrupted databses of lately but I uses to use a
utility called "norton filefix" for reconstructing dbase 3/4 type
files with serious errors in them.
It let's you specify the structure of the database and then tries to
fill in the data in an interactive way.

Hans

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 04:13:11 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
Have a look at dSalvage http://www.accutek.com/comtech/

> Hi,

> I have a big problem. One of my files started to give the error Corruption
> detected and now I can't open it with Clipper or DBU or DBaseIII.

> It's a very important file in my app.

> I need any tool which can repair the file.

> Can someone help, PLEASE.

> Arsnio

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 07:04:43 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
Arsnio, I tried to send you some information in email and it bounced
back undeliverable.  There was a file attachment, so I can't post it
here... do you have a working email address?

Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
----
If you reply by email, send it to pbs at com dot
canada (or vice-versa).  All adverti{*filter*}ts will be
returned to your postmaster, eh!

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:35:04 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
Hi, use norton filefix from NortonUtilities.

Sebastian

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:34:38 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
Arsenio:
I agree with the post about dSalvage.  It really works nice.  It can save
most of your data.
Best of luck,
Bill

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a big problem. One of my files started to give the error Corruption
> detected and now I can't open it with Clipper or DBU or DBaseIII.

> It's a very important file in my app.

> I need any tool which can repair the file.

> Can someone help, PLEASE.

> Arsnio

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:43:29 GMT
 DBF File - Corruption detected
If you know the structure of the file, create another file using  DBU
with the same structure.   Append from the Corrupt file.  This will
essentially pack the file with the "happy" data.  You will lose the
"happy" data but you will be able to see the good data..   Some other
utilities you might look into are are DBX and DCLIP.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:51:47 -0000, "Tavinfor & AlgarSoft"

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a big problem. One of my files started to give the error Corruption
>detected and now I can't open it with Clipper or DBU or DBaseIII.

>It's a very important file in my app.

>I need any tool which can repair the file.

>Can someone help, PLEASE.

>Arsnio

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:07:55 GMT

1. Corruption Detected ... DBF/NTX 1012 or DBFNTX /1210

2. NT, DBF's, Indexes and Corruption detected or Access Denied

3. RANDOMLY RECEIVING ERROR Corruption detected DBF/NTX

4. detect dbf corruption

5. filename corruption while opening dbf file

6. DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION

7. HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption

8. Cross Linked Files & DBF/Index Corruption

9. DBF file corruption?

10. Corruption Detected (ntx index files)

11. Which index file Corruption detected?

12. DBU DBF FILE nad FOXPRO 2.6A dbf file