Internal error 5333
Author Message
 Internal error 5333

Hi there,

Occasionally I get an internal error 5333 and my application
terminates. In most cases this occurs when I'm using the CLIPPER
function AllTrim(). It seems to be random. It doesn't happen every
time I run the application.
Does anybody know of this problem, and how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

Wim Vissers

Sat, 17 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 5333
Wim -

What version of Clipper are you using?  You should upgrade to the most
recent free version you can (5.01ae, 5.2e, 5.3).  The 5333 problem is
pretty much dead in all those versions.

-- Clayton --

   Clayton Neff                           SAVID International
   Member of the "Gang of Four" liason group to CA.
   Member of the Technicon Steering Committee 1993-1994
   Mr. Persona non Grata

Sat, 17 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 5333

Quote:

>Hi there,

>Occasionally I get an internal error 5333 and my application
>terminates. In most cases this occurs when I'm using the CLIPPER
>function AllTrim(). It seems to be random. It doesn't happen every
>time I run the application.
>Does anybody know of this problem, and how to fix it ?

If you are running in protected mode, make sure that you never Alltrim()
a Nil value.  When going from real mode to protected mode, I ran across
that.  Thought it was kinda funcky at the time.

                                                        James

Sat, 17 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 5333
Thanks for your reactions. I will upgrade to a newer CLIPPER version.

Wim Vissers

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Internal error 5333

Quote:
> The 5333 problem is pretty much dead in all those versions.

. . . he said with a straight face .

Quote:
>   Mr. Persona non Grata

How so?