File Handles in NT 4.0
Author Message
 File Handles in NT 4.0

I have a Clipper application that I run from my NT 4.0 server.  I open about
165 files at once.  When I do this I get a clipper error message saying that
I have ran out of file handles.  I also noticed that I do not have a
config.sys file on my NT server.  Therefore, my question to you is how do
you increase file handles in NT 4.0?

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Handles in NT 4.0

Quote:

> I have a Clipper application that I run from my NT 4.0 server.  I open about
> 165 files at once.  When I do this I get a clipper error message saying that
> I have ran out of file handles.  I also noticed that I do not have a
> config.sys file on my NT server.  Therefore, my question to you is how do
> you increase file handles in NT 4.0?

 \WINNT\SYSTEM32 -> CONFIG.NT -> FILES=200

Filip

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Handles in NT 4.0
Alvin,

Use the config.nt file in your winnt\system32 folder.
Autoexec.nt is also located in this folder.

HTH

--
Johan Nel
Project Manager:Forestry Systems, SAFCOL, South Africa

Tel: +27-12-4813683
Fax: +27-12-8043716

Quote:
> I have a Clipper application that I run from my NT 4.0 server.  I open
about
> 165 files at once.  When I do this I get a clipper error message saying
that
> I have ran out of file handles.  I also noticed that I do not have a
> config.sys file on my NT server.  Therefore, my question to you is how do
> you increase file handles in NT 4.0?

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Out of file handles in NT 4.0

2. file handle problem with NT 4.0

3. NT 4.0 Workstation and Clipper Apps and File Handles

4. Clipper file handles under WinNT Server 4.0

5. Converting Tcl File handle to C FILE* handle ?

6. 4.0 Executing only one runtime image in NT 4.0

7. Fuji-Cobol V 4.0 and NT 4.0

8. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

9. PowerStation 4.0 and NT 4.0 SP3

10. VF 4.0 on Win NT 4.0...

11. GetVolumeInformation and MS FORTRAN PS 4.0 on NT 4.0

12. NT 4.0 and Fortran Powerstation 4.0