Create Environment Vars
Author Message
 Create Environment Vars

How can i create a new DOS environment variable within a Clipper app?

_(d)iego

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:38:09 GMT
 Create Environment Vars

Quote:
> How can i create a new DOS environment variable within a Clipper app?

> _(d)iego

Do you want the var to exist for as long as the app is live or do you want
to be able to set vars as if you were using DOS's SET command, ie. affecting
the global table?

Bruce.

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:10:06 GMT
 Create Environment Vars
_(d)iego

Nanforum library (I think) - SETENV( "WHATEVER=XYZ" )

This will only set the environment for the shell that the app is running in.

If you need to set the parent shell then look to (IIRC) CWTools.zip
(Causeway Tools) on the OASIS or hard code it into the environment<g>

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:11:28 GMT
 Create Environment Vars

Quote:

> > How can i create a new DOS environment variable within a Clipper app?

> > _(d)iego

> Do you want the var to exist for as long as the app is live or do you want
> to be able to set vars as if you were using DOS's SET command, ie. affecting
> the global table?

> Bruce.

yes, i would like to be able to ser vars as if i was using DOS's SET
command. in this way i can add/modify/delete env. vars at any given
time. and i would also like these env. vars that i created to still be
existent even after i terminate my clipper app

_(d)iego

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:05:03 GMT

1. method vars environment support missing

2. Regular expressions and environment vars in Scheme

3. update environment-vars (win32api)

4. Problem reading environment vars in g77

5. reading environment vars in winxp from tcl script

6. Environment vars in Borland-compiled Windows DLL extension

7. problems with environment vars on Windows

8. setting environment vars in cron run tcl

9. can't pass environment vars using exec

10. f2c creates C with static vars??

11. linking list vars to C vars?

12. Creating your own Logo environment...