Adding icons to Window's Application Manager
Author Message
 Adding icons to Window's Application Manager

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding the syntax behind
the Windows commands for adding icons to the Application Manager (I
assume these are API calls).  I have a Clipper/FiveWin application that
uses some code lifted from an example program, and it works fine for
Program Manager, but not Application Manager.  The following is an
excerpt:

   DEFINE DDE oDDE ;
     SERVICE "progman" ;
     TOPIC "progman"

   ACTIVATE DDE oDDE

   oDDE:Execute( "[CreateGroup( xxx )]" )
   oDDE:Execute( "[ShowGroup( xxx, 1 )]" )
   oDDE:Execute( "[AddItem(c:\yyy\zzz.exe, xxx, xxx.ico,,-1,-1,
c:\xxx)]" )

   RELEASE DDE oDDE

What I need is documentation on the "AddItem" command.

Thanks to anyone with an answer,
Steve McG.

Sun, 30 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icons to Window's Application Manager

Do you mean under Win 95?

Win 95, NT and 3.1x all handle DDE with PROGMAN transparently, ie. doing what
works under Win 3.1 will also work with the others.

What problem are you having?

Terry

Quote:

--
Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding icons to Window's Application Manager

Quote:

>What I need is documentation on the "AddItem" command.

This is the syntax for the AddItem:

AddItem(CmdLine[, Name[,IconPath[,IconIndex[,xPos, yPos[,DefDir[,
    HotKey,[,fMinimize] ] ] ] ] ] ])

CmdLine Is the full command line required to
 execute the application. This is a string. At a minimum,
 this string is the name of the executable file. You can
 include the full path of the application and any
 parameters required.
Name is the title that is displayed below the icon in the
 group window. IconPath is the filename for the icon to be
 displayed in the group window. This is a string. This file
 can be either a Windows executable file or an icon file. If you don't
 specify IconPath, the Program Manager uses the first icon in the
 file specified by the CmdLine parameter if that file is
 an executable file. If CmdLine specifies an associated file, The
 Program Manager uses the first icon of the associated executable
 file. The association is taken from the registration database.
 If CmdLine isn't an executable file nor an associated executable
 file then the Program Manager uses a default icon.
IconIndex is the index of the icon in the file identified
 by the IconPath. IconIndex parameter is an integer.
xPos is the horizontal position of the icon in the group
 window. This is an integer. You must use both the xPos
 and yPos parameters to specify the position of the icon. If you
 do not specify the position then the Program Manager places
 the icon in the next available space.
yPos is the vertical position of the icon in the group
 window. This is an integer. You must use both the
 xPos and yPos parameters to specify the position of the icon. If
 you do not specify the position then the Program Manager places
 the icon in the next available space.
DefDir is the name of the default directory. This is a string.
HotKey is a hot key that is specified by the user.
fMinimize Specifies whether the program window should be
 minimized when it is first shown.

Quote:
>Thanks to anyone with an answer,

You're welcome, I hope this is what you need

Armando

Tue, 01 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Icon manager applications?

2. Change Application Icon in MS Windows TCL/Tk application

3. HELP:Stacking windows with a 'olwm'-windows manager

4. adding icon to application from C source

5. Adding 'Applescriptability' to a RB application

6. Toplevel Window's Icons under Microsoft Windows

7. How do I make a gif image my application's icon

8. application icon on Windows

9. Windows XP Group Application Name / TaskManager Icon

10. using windows icons in tk application

11. How to change the icon of application for Windows

12. Removing the TK icon from application windows...