Public\private memory variables
Author Message
 Public\private memory variables

Hi!  This is my first post of a question, and I hope it does not sound to lame.  I am at
my wits end with the following:

I declare some public variables at the beginning of my program.  I compile the prg with
/n/a/w.  The /a should be automatically declaring memvars for public, private, and
parameter statements.  However, some of the warnings I get from the compile are still
showing ambiguous references later in the code when I try to use that variable.  It is
not until I manually declare memvars for these public variables in the program that the
warning goes away.

I similar problem seems to be occuring with private variables that I try to reference in
a function called by the function that the variable was declared in.

Please help if anyone knows how to solve this.  I am compiling with Clipper 5.2e.

Thanks,
Troy Ballantine
Barnett Technologies

Sun, 06 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lots of Public and Private variables - no penalties on modern PC.

2. mixed PUBLIC and PRIVATE variables in NAMELIST (Compaq compilers)

3. public variable of a private type?

4. Private/public toggle bug

5. Are there any differences between public and private methods in VisualAge for smalltalk

6. API vs Internal vs Public vs Private in Envy/QA

8. Public vs. Private Inheritance

9. public/protected/private syntax

10. respond_to? and public/private

11. private source code , public simulation

12. ASM code public/private key cryptography source code