LONG FILE NAME 95/NT
Author Message
 LONG FILE NAME 95/NT

I know there is a bit of code to help with
this on OASIS - I looked I cannot find it.

Would ggod samaritan point me in the rigght direction.

Phil - Sherlock Software - Australia

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LONG FILE NAME 95/NT

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:40:16 +1000, "Phil McGuinness"

Quote:

>I know there is a bit of code to help with
>this on OASIS - I looked I cannot find it.

>Would good samaritan point me in the rigght direction.

With a name like Sherlock???

Download the allfiles.txt and do a text search for 'long file name'.

--

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
      WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

      I'd rather write code that writes code than write code!

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LONG FILE NAME 95/NT

Quote:

> I know there is a bit of code to help with
> this on OASIS - I looked I cannot find it.

> Would ggod samaritan point me in the rigght direction.

The file is dblfn.zip IIRC (Dark Black Long File Names).

However, in your subject you say 95 and NT. It won't work on NT. For some
stupid reason MS didn't see fit to add the DOS LFN API to NT so LFN aware
DOS apps can only do their thing under 95.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: | "Starburst" made to make your mouth water?
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ | I don't think so. Agree? Head off over to

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. long file names on NT

2. Win 95 Long names in CW 2.0

3. Win 95 Long names in CW 2.0

4. (VA 4.02b) using long file names for Envy file attachments

5. File Dialog & Long File Names

6. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

7. Long File name FILE()

8. ~FILE (long file name)

9. One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks

10. Object Rexx (Win 95/NT ) RunTime Files

11. Searching for Windows NT/95 backup utitility that keeps multiple versions of files

12. exe-file format of Windows 95 and Windows NT