GPF in EXE calling EXE
Author Message
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Hi people,

Im in trouble and I need help !
I have a big and nice software for Occupational Health and Safety,
called MedTrab.
Now, I did develop a new program to stay running 24 hours a day in a
machine and calling MedTrab in according to a schedule of activities.
This program is called Executor.
Well, the problem is that a have a GPF when call MedTrab, after some
executions. Sometimes after 9 executions, sometimes after 3.
I was calling MedTrab with RUN command, now im using SWPRUNCMD (), but
the GPF is still on my life.
Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and linked with Blinker 5.1, in
protected-mode, extended.
I have big companies using MedTrab and waiting the new version with the
Executor, someone can help-me ?!

The MedTrab link is :
BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER F245;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  EXTENDED    2048
BLINKER    EXTMEM      BLOCK       1024
BLINKER    OVERLAY     PAGEFRAME   ON
BLINKER    PROCEDURE   DEPTH       70
OVERLAY    CODE, CONS
NODEFLIB
OUTPUT     MEDTRAB
FILE       OBJ\SMT.OBJ
BEGINAREA
FILE    OBJ\SMT_CHIE.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED1.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED2.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED3.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED4.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PCAN.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PEXP.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PIMP.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPRE.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPR2.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_PREA.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_RASO.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_REXM.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN1.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN2.OBJ
FILE    OBJ\SMT_CCM.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\EDPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\FUNCOES.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\GETSYS.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\AJUDA.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\ICPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IDPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IEPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IMPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\INDEXA.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRAO.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRA2.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PROCEDUR.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PARAM_ED.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO1.OBJ
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO2.OBJ
FILE    CTINTP.OBJ
FILE    CTUSP.OBJ
FILE    SIXNSX.OBJ
FILE    SIXPOR.OBJ
FILE    \SIX3\OBJ\SMT.OBJ
FILE    \SIX3\SIXCLD\SIXCLD.OBJ
ENDAREA
SEARCH     BLXCLP52
LIB    BOOK0005,
CTP52,
NANFOR,
CPMI,
SAMPLES,
FAST52

The Executor link is :
BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER     F50;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  EXTENDED    2048
BLINKER    EXTMEM      BLOCK       256
BLINKER    OVERLAY     PAGEFRAME   ON
BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  COMPRESS    1
OVERLAY    CODE, CONS
NODEFLIB
OUTPUT     EXECMED
FILE       OBJ\EXECMED.OBJ
BEGINAREA
FILE    \SYS\OBJ\EXECATIV.OBJ
FILE    CTINTP.OBJ
FILE    CTUSP.OBJ
FILE    SIXNSX.OBJ
FILE    SIXPOR.OBJ
FILE    \SIX3\OBJ\SMT.OBJ
ENDAREA
SEARCH BLXCLP52
LIB    BOOK0005,
CTP52,
NANFOR,
CPMI,
SAMPLES,

Thanks a lot.

Adriano Duarte
AR9 Systems
Recife / Brazil

--
Thasnk's
 Jacar

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:02:06 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE
Just curious, does everyone link cld with their apps after testing is
complete?

Mike

Quote:

> [...]

> Well, the problem is that a have a GPF when call MedTrab, after some
> executions. Sometimes after 9 executions, sometimes after 3.
> I was calling MedTrab with RUN command, now i'm using SWPRUNCMD (), but
> the GPF is still on my life.
> Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and linked with Blinker 5.1, in
> protected-mode, extended.
> I have big companies using MedTrab and waiting the new version with the
> Executor, someone can help-me ?!

> The MedTrab link is :
> BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER F245;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  EXTENDED    2048
> BLINKER    EXTMEM      BLOCK       1024
> BLINKER    OVERLAY     PAGEFRAME   ON
> BLINKER    PROCEDURE   DEPTH       70
> OVERLAY    CODE, CONS
> NODEFLIB
> OUTPUT     MEDTRAB
> FILE       OBJ\SMT.OBJ
> BEGINAREA
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_CHIE.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED1.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED3.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED4.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PCAN.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PEXP.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PIMP.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPRE.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPR2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PREA.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_RASO.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_REXM.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN1.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_CCM.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\EDPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\FUNCOES.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\GETSYS.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\AJUDA.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\ICPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IDPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IEPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IMPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\INDEXA.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRA2.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PROCEDUR.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PARAM_ED.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO1.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO2.OBJ
> FILE    CTINTP.OBJ
> FILE    CTUSP.OBJ
> FILE    SIXNSX.OBJ
> FILE    SIXPOR.OBJ
> FILE    \SIX3\OBJ\SMT.OBJ
> FILE    \SIX3\SIXCLD\SIXCLD.OBJ
> ENDAREA
> SEARCH     BLXCLP52
> LIB    BOOK0005,
> CTP52,
> NANFOR,
> CPMI,
> SAMPLES,
> FAST52
> FILE   CLD.LIB

> The Executor link is :
> BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER     F50;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:12:25 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE
Also,  increase F50.

Quote:

> [...]

> Well, the problem is that a have a GPF when call MedTrab, after some
> executions. Sometimes after 9 executions, sometimes after 3.
> I was calling MedTrab with RUN command, now i'm using SWPRUNCMD (), but
> the GPF is still on my life.
> Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and linked with Blinker 5.1, in
> protected-mode, extended.
> I have big companies using MedTrab and waiting the new version with the
> Executor, someone can help-me ?!

> The MedTrab link is :
> BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER F245;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  EXTENDED    2048
> BLINKER    EXTMEM      BLOCK       1024
> BLINKER    OVERLAY     PAGEFRAME   ON
> BLINKER    PROCEDURE   DEPTH       70
> OVERLAY    CODE, CONS
> NODEFLIB
> OUTPUT     MEDTRAB
> FILE       OBJ\SMT.OBJ
> BEGINAREA
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_CHIE.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED1.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED3.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_ED4.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PCAN.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PEXP.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PIMP.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPRE.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PPR2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_PREA.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_RASO.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_REXM.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN1.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_TFN2.OBJ
> FILE    OBJ\SMT_CCM.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\EDPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\FUNCOES.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\GETSYS.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\AJUDA.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\ICPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IDPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IEPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IMPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\INDEXA.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRAO.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\IRPADRA2.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PROCEDUR.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\PARAM_ED.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO1.OBJ
> FILE    \SYS\OBJ\SMT_SAO2.OBJ
> FILE    CTINTP.OBJ
> FILE    CTUSP.OBJ
> FILE    SIXNSX.OBJ
> FILE    SIXPOR.OBJ
> FILE    \SIX3\OBJ\SMT.OBJ
> FILE    \SIX3\SIXCLD\SIXCLD.OBJ
> ENDAREA
> SEARCH     BLXCLP52
> LIB    BOOK0005,
> CTP52,
> NANFOR,
> CPMI,
> SAMPLES,
> FAST52
> FILE   CLD.LIB

> The Executor link is :
> BLINKER    INCREMENTAL OFF
> BLINKER    ENVIRONMENT OVERRIDE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  NODELETE
> BLINKER    EXECUTABLE  CLIPPER     F50;SWAPPATH'TEMP'; TEMPPATH'TEMP';

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:14:13 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Quote:

>Hi people,

>Im in trouble and I need help !
>I have a big and nice software for Occupational Health and Safety,
>called MedTrab.
>Now, I did develop a new program to stay running 24 hours a day in a
>machine and calling MedTrab in according to a schedule of activities.
>This program is called Executor.
>Well, the problem is that a have a GPF when call MedTrab, after some
>executions. Sometimes after 9 executions, sometimes after 3.
>I was calling MedTrab with RUN command, now im using SWPRUNCMD (), but
>the GPF is still on my life.
>Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and linked with Blinker 5.1, in
>protected-mode, extended.
>I have big companies using MedTrab and waiting the new version with the
>Executor, someone can help-me ?!

You can't (reliably) call a PM EXE from another PM EXE because the
extender assumes it's the only one running.

Real mode calling a PM EXE is OK, though.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:25:24 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

This is the link for development enviroment.
And the GPF occurs with no CLD too.

--
Jacar,
Brazil.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:27:55 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Quote:
> Also,  increase F50.

> > Hi people,

[SNIP second copy of entire message]

Geez, Mike - Learn to snip!  Trust me, it becomes second nature as soon as
you stop top-posting. :)

--
Ray Marron

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:39:55 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Ok Nick.
But i never had use Real mode.
How link and how run under 640kb ?

Originally posted by Nick Ramsay

Quote:

> >Hi people,
> >Im in trouble and I need help ! I have a big and nice software for
> >Occupational
> >Health and Safety, called MedTrab. Now, I did develop a new program
> >to stay running
> >24 hours a day in a machine and calling MedTrab in according to a
> >schedule of
> >activities. This program is called Executor. Well, the problem is
> >that a have a GPF
> >when call MedTrab, after some executions. Sometimes after 9
> >executions, sometimes
> >after 3. I was calling MedTrab with RUN command, now im using
> >SWPRUNCMD (), but the
> >GPF is still on my life. Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and
> >linked with
> >Blinker 5.1, in protected-mode, extended. I have big companies using
> >MedTrab and
> >waiting the new version with the Executor, someone can help-me ?!

> You can't (reliably) call a PM EXE from another PM EXE because the
> extender assumes
> it's the only one running.

> Real mode calling a PM EXE is OK, though.

--
Jacar,
Brazil.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:00:14 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE
Jacar

Quote:
> But i never had use Real mode.
> How link and how run under 640kb ?

Remove all references to EXTENDED mode - libraries, link script, etc...
Keep all the stuff that overlays code.

Read the Blinker help.
--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:24:38 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE
Does this happen to every client making us of your software. I also
had a GPF once that I could not resolve. The issue was fixed when one
discovered a data corruption in the main DBF file in a field that was
also used for indexing. Scan and check you DBF for any records that
may be corrupeted (say from a power outage ) and the rebuild index
files. You never know your luck, fixed my unfixable problem.

Quote:

>This is the link for development enviroment.
>And the GPF occurs with no CLD too.

>--
>Jacar,
>Brazil.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:31:08 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Quote:

> Both are developed with Clipper 5.2e and linked with Blinker 5.1, in
> protected-mode, extended.

You should not call a PM programm from another pm program.

The problem is that any extended memory allocated by
process B (which is called by A) is release only when
process A ends....

Try to create a batch file that calls process A.
If you need to start process B, end process A with a
specific ERRORLEVEL and call B further down in the batch.

HTH
Thomas Braun

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:21:03 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Quote:
> Just curious, does everyone link cld with their apps after testing is
> complete?

Personally I've not used CLD for years, I've always used MrDebug since it
was pre-beta. But, equating CLD and MrDebug, no, I've never shipped MrDebug
in an application. I always had the habit of having MrDebug linked into the
application during the whole of development but never in releases.

Thinking about it, I seem to recall (although I could be wrong here) that
the licence forbade it other than in situations where you were installing a
deliberate test application.

Quote:
> [MASSIVE SNIP of original article]

Please consider snipping down the quotes when making the sort of post you
did.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:15:32 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Thanks by the help.
My problem was solved changing my link script for Real mode.

--
Jacar,
Brazil.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:00:50 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE
Quote:
> You can't (reliably) call a PM EXE from another PM EXE because the
> extender assumes it's the only one running.

I call PM EXE from another PM EXE without any promlem.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:41:54 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

Quote:

>> You can't (reliably) call a PM EXE from another PM EXE because the
>> extender assumes it's the only one running.
> I call PM EXE from another PM EXE without any promlem.

It depends heavily on the size of the exe and the memory requirements how
fast you will be running into problems.

I have created a test case where a small program A called a small program B
in a for...next loop.

After about 250 iterations a GPF crash could always be reproduced.

But in our real-life application with a main exe file with 5 MB calling
other 2 or 3 MB exe files you can do around 10 - 15 calls before the GPF
occurs. On Windows NT/2000 the GPF comes much earlier.

But we also have some installations where a GPF literally never occurs, but
we have not been able to find out why it runs stable on one PC but not on
the other :-(

regards
Thomas Braun

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:54:34 GMT
 GPF in EXE calling EXE

You'll right Thomas !

My EXE has only 2.2 Mb and the GPF occurs in 3 or 8 calls.
The small size of EXE is result of our technology to develop systems. We
use dictionarys to define our "Data Entrys", "Menus", "Reports",
"Emails", etc, and no lines of programming are needed.

--
Jacar,
Brazil.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:10:41 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. GPF in EXO2.EXE: internal error during .EXE generation

2. MS 5.1 .exe is causing GPF in user.exe

3. ABC Exe Called From Clarion Exe

4. 32-Bit NMAKE.EXE, LINK.EXE, LIB.EXE, & RC.EXE

5. GPF in GDI.EXE

6. Still GPF Winnt 4.0 (after patch abt.exe)

7. VSTUB GPF in USER.EXE

8. GPF on GDI.EXE

9. GPF in USER.EXE :(

10. Clarion 4b, GPF when finishing Exe

11. Clipper 5.3/5.3b ntvdm.exe GPF during PACK on NT WS 4.0

12. GPF in Dos Extended EXE