HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
Author Message
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption

My company is using clipper for our database ,
but one of the file JETEVN.DBF header Corruption ,
Anyone have some database fix program can help me to fix it ?
Coz our company can't do anythings if that database can open it .

the error below :

Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected
Quit

If I open it by a program call dbview.exe , the error is below :

Database File Error
The database fileJETEVN.DBF
doesn't appear to be a dBASE file
or the header is corrupted

PLEASE HELP ME ~~~~~~

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
Use FileFix from NortonUtility
or open Your DBF with DBU, create index on successed column and find
corruption. Bad records mostly You find on the top and/or end of DBF. Delete
corruption records and pack DBF.

Regards
Ryszard

Quote:
>Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected
>Quit

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption

Quote:
> My company is using clipper for our database ,
> but one of the file JETEVN.DBF header Corruption ,
> Anyone have some database fix program can help me to fix it ?
> Coz our company can't do anythings if that database can open it .

> the error below :

> Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected

[SNIP]

Take a look at DSalvage (Pro?).  I think you can find a link to the
company from the Oasis' link page.

http://www.the-oasis.net

--
Ray Marron

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
If it's the header that is corrupted, you can open the file as binary,
copy the data w/o the header to another file and you have a simple text
file with your data. Then you can re-create the .dbf and append the data
again (SDF).

Thanks!

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
Maybe the problem is with the index associates with JETENV.DBF file.
Try recreating you indexes.

Regards

George

Quote:
> My company is using clipper for our database ,
> but one of the file JETEVN.DBF header Corruption ,
> Anyone have some database fix program can help me to fix it ?
> Coz our company can't do anythings if that database can open it .

> the error below :

> Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected
> Quit

> If I open it by a program call dbview.exe , the error is below :

> Database File Error
> The database fileJETEVN.DBF
> doesn't appear to be a dBASE file
> or the header is corrupted

> PLEASE HELP ME ~~~~~~

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
I'll send you two transmissions.  One an executable called 'FIX.EXE'.  The
other is the Basic file from which it was constructed, 'FIX.BAS'

If and only if the other gentlemen's suggestions do not work, try this.
Perhaps you can even get creative, and 'clone' the structure from a backup copy
of the file.

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
Hello.
Quote:
> Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected
> If I open it by a program call dbview.exe , the error is below :
> Database File Error
> The database fileJETEVN.DBF
> doesn't appear to be a dBASE file
> or the header is corrupted

Look at http://www.wotsit.org for DBF file structure description, open
your DBF file with
hex editor and see what's the matter...
--

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption
> Hello.
> > Error DBFNTX/1012  Corruption detected
> > If I open it by a program call dbview.exe , the error is below :
> > Database File Error
> > The database fileJETEVN.DBF
> > doesn't appear to be a dBASE file
> > or the header is corrupted
> Look at http://www.wotsit.org for DBF file structure description, open
> your DBF file with
> hex editor and see what's the matter...

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION

2. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (0/1)

3. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (1/1)

4. Clipper DBF or NTX corruption?

5. Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

6. Clipper/Novell data file corruption HELP!!!!

7. DBF File - Corruption detected

8. filename corruption while opening dbf file

9. Help needed importing Clipper dbf files

10. Cross Linked Files & DBF/Index Corruption

11. DBF file corruption?

12. Help Me to Solve big dbf files with clipper