Shared EXE and PIF Files
Author Message
 Shared EXE and PIF Files

This problem is driving me nuts and I'm hoping someone can help me
with it.

I have an  EXE  (Clipper 5.2) file on a server that is access via a
PIF file by the users .  They are all running WFW 3.11.

Sometimes when they are going into the program, they get a 'system
violation' error from windows. Other times they are getting errors
returned from clipper (data type error, variable does not exist, to
name a couple).  The other problem we occasionaly have is the program
just closes itself and its window.  With no error messages.

All of the problems are intermittent.  Everthing may be fine one day,
everyone has problems the next, and only one is affected the third
day.

This is a program that has run well, until I started phasing in NT.
The workstations are now running the windows networking software. (I
was a non-Microsoft product doing the networking before.)

If you need any more info, just let me know and I can get it to you.

Any thoughts, my sanity is slipping :)

Ron

--------------------------
Ron Hrehirchuk
Sunwest Screen Graphics Ltd.

Please replace the NOSPAM in the address with .com
if replying to this post via email.

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. alevir.exe, brasil.pif, scrsvr.exe

2. CFD EXE file sharing

3. NT Server sharing violation- exe & ovl files

4. Create a .pif file

5. Wanted: pkg to read/write windows .lnk/.pif files

6. Help, pls, with *.txt.pif file...

7. what virus cpontains the exe file CFGWIZ32.exe

8. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

9. SHARING VIOLATION on EXE

10. Sharing violation on exe

11. Sharing variables among dll & exe

12. Problemas con SHARE.EXE