Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box
Author Message
 Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box

Having trouble with running the Clipper De{*filter*} under a Windows 95 and
WIndows 98
DOS Box ?

This DID work for me...
1.    Check the property "Prevent MS-DOS from detecting  Windows" in the
Windows 98 Dos    properties box.  Allowed the de{*filter*} to work but I did
not test it for stability.
2.    Better Yet, upgrade to a more stable version of Clipper.  For example
5.3a works without any modifications to the DOS properties box.  It was also
listed as a fix in that upgrade.
Download at  :  ftp://ftp.cai.com/CAproducts/

Solutions that did not work for
1.  I had no Symantec files on my computer so no discussion about that
applied.
2.   File CLD.LIB was already included in the linker before the problem was
noticed.
3.   Altd(1) made no difference from Altd().

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box
Where did you link the CLD? In one of my (Blinker) link scripts I was
successful using "FILE CLD.LIB" fight under my main .OBJ files, before
overlay stuff.

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box
On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:44:30 -0400, "dcgilbert"

Quote:

>Having trouble with running the Clipper De{*filter*} under a Windows 95 and
>WIndows 98
>DOS Box ?

>This DID work for me...
>1.    Check the property "Prevent MS-DOS from detecting  Windows" in the
>Windows 98 Dos    properties box.  Allowed the de{*filter*} to work but I did
>not test it for stability.
>2.    Better Yet, upgrade to a more stable version of Clipper.  For example
>5.3a works without any modifications to the DOS properties box.  It was also
>listed as a fix in that upgrade.
>Download at  :  ftp://ftp.cai.com/CAproducts/

>Solutions that did not work for
>1.  I had no Symantec files on my computer so no discussion about that
>applied.
>2.   File CLD.LIB was already included in the linker before the problem was
>noticed.
>3.   Altd(1) made no difference from Altd().

Another cause of debug inestability is ft_iamidle() and ft_onidle(). I
have to link dummy functions when I want to debug. Somebody else has
noted this?

Regards,

Amilcar A. Camargo
Sand, S. A.
Guatemala, C. A.

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper Debugger Fails In Windows 95 or 98 DOS Box

Quote:
>>Another cause of debug inestability is ft_iamidle() and ft_onidle(). I
>>have to link dummy functions when I want to debug. Somebody else has
>>noted this?

>if you are using PBMake, you can surround them with defines, like

>#ifndef DEBUG
>   ft_onidle( {|| ft_iamidle } )
>#endif

That's fine if my .prg get compiled every time I link. But in reality,
this instructions are kept in my startup module that almost never gets
recompiled. What I've done, instead is to tweak the link script by
means of the make utility:

#ifdef DEBUG
        !echo FILE dummydeb > debug.lnk
#else
        !echo FILE OnIdle, IAmIdle > debug.lnk
#endif

and in the link script I added this line:

        FILE MyStartUp

        FILE ...

and works fine.

Thx,

Amilcar A. Camargo
Sand, S. A.
Guatemala, C. A.

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install Clipper 5.3 at Windows'95/98

2. clipper 5.2 and windows 98/95

3. how to Cut and paste with clipper to windows 95 or 98

4. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

5. Writing Windows 95/98 applications in Clipper

6. Clipper 5.01 debugger and Windows 98

7. file mkdir fails on NT drive mapped to 95/98

8. Box characters in Windows 95 DOS

9. WINDOWS 95 DOS BOX BUG FIXED!

10. Clipper App in 95/98/NT4/Win2000...

11. Mouse doesn't work with Windows 95/98

12. BOOTGUI with Windows'95/98