CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing
Author Message
 CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing

My program was writtten in Clipper 5.2e and has one main database with
three CDX index files. Each index file has more than one key. I
discovered that the index files keeps inflating after some data
entries. If I deleted the index files and re-indexed, the CDX files
shrank to a smaller size. Can anyone  expalin why the decrease in size
of the CDX files occur after re-indexing. The CDX index files were
created using options as supplied with Clipper 5.2e, not COMIX's or
SIX's independent software.

I do have version 2.0  of the  SIX driver. Do you think it would help
if I use it?  I am not sure if I need to upgrade it to version 3.0.

Regards,

Lesoch

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion makes bad cdx index files, why?

2. Clipper CDX Index Fails: OrderCreate(0) when file is large

3. Howto create CDX index-files with Clipper 5.1

4. error DESCEND() in CDX Index file

5. Memory variable problems with CDX index file.

6. Reindexing .ntx indexes

7. SIx Driver (SuccessWare) VariField Technology (Shrinks Indexes/DBFs)

8. Very basic problem with CDX index

9. An index CDX that start at the bottom

10. Update CDX and MDX indexes?

11. Detecting 'Unique' in CDX indexes

12. Strange (index) GPF with CDX, but -- not with NTX