Wanted: Rdriver source code from 1988
Author Message
 Wanted: Rdriver source code from 1988

I'm hoping someone out there has the source for this.  I got in touch with
the author, but even HE doesn't have a copy.  Perhaps this will jog
someone's memory...this is from the rdriver.doc file:

                         RDRIVER Documentation

Written by Kevin E. Saffer, of Torrington, CT on December 2, 1987
The RDRIVER programs are my{*filter*}attempt at writing an easy to use report
generator for the Clipper language.  I had previously sold R&R, but my end
users soon became very frustrated with it's complexity.  R&R is a VERY
powerful reporting tool, but only when used by an experienced Clipper user.

Since most of my clients are not experienced Clipper users (otherwise they
would not need me) I decided to create an easier way for them to design
and extract reports from their databases.

The result is RDRIVER, a script driven reporting tool.  My end users love it,
and I hope it helps you in your programming efforts.

The report driver operates by reading an ASCII text file (called a report
script) which contains all commands needed to generate the report.  This
file may be created with the enclosed word processing program REDITOR.
REDITOR implements most of the control key sequences of WordStar.  The ^KX
(save and exit) command has been assigned to function key 10.  Just press it
to save a report script you are editing.  The report editer was written in
Torbo Pascal using the Editor Toolbox routines from the mighty Kahn.

Once the report script has been created, RDRIVER processes it and generates
the desired report.  The commands accepted by RDRIVER are detailed below.

RDRIVER has the capability of opening and relating up to 4 database files,
using one-to-one relations.  I will add one-to-many relations and other neat
functions as time permits.  Up to three index fields per database may be
specified, and custom indexes may be created.  Up to five numeric fields
may be subtotaled or grand totaled.

If you have the source for this, please email it to my office address:

Thanks

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:40:15 GMT
 Wanted: Rdriver source code from 1988

Quote:

>I'm hoping someone out there has the source for this.  I got in touch with
>the author, but even HE doesn't have a copy.  Perhaps this will jog
>someone's memory...this is from the rdriver.doc file:

>                         RDRIVER Documentation

>Written by Kevin E. Saffer, of Torrington, CT on December 2, 1987
>The RDRIVER programs are my{*filter*}attempt at writing an easy to use report
>generator for the Clipper language.  I had previously sold R&R, but my end
>users soon became very frustrated with it's complexity.  R&R is a VERY
>powerful reporting tool, but only when used by an experienced Clipper user.

>Since most of my clients are not experienced Clipper users (otherwise they
>would not need me) I decided to create an easier way for them to design
>and extract reports from their databases.

>The result is RDRIVER, a script driven reporting tool.  My end users love it,
>and I hope it helps you in your programming efforts.

>The report driver operates by reading an ASCII text file (called a report
>script) which contains all commands needed to generate the report.  This
>file may be created with the enclosed word processing program REDITOR.
>REDITOR implements most of the control key sequences of WordStar.  The ^KX
>(save and exit) command has been assigned to function key 10.  Just press it
>to save a report script you are editing.  The report editer was written in
>Torbo Pascal using the Editor Toolbox routines from the mighty Kahn.

>Once the report script has been created, RDRIVER processes it and generates
>the desired report.  The commands accepted by RDRIVER are detailed below.

>RDRIVER has the capability of opening and relating up to 4 database files,
>using one-to-one relations.  I will add one-to-many relations and other neat
>functions as time permits.  Up to three index fields per database may be
>specified, and custom indexes may be created.  Up to five numeric fields
>may be subtotaled or grand totaled.

>If you have the source for this, please email it to my office address:

>Thanks

Hi Bill,

If the original author is agreeable, I will decompile it for you.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:41:20 GMT

1. Wanted: Source code for CODE-BAR39 generation

2. : Digitalk Smalltalk V/286 R1.1, 1988

3. Object Oriented Program Construction, 1988, by Bertrand Meyer?

4. 1988 Rochester Forth Conference

5. Abstracts for 1988 Rochester Forth Conference

6. LISP+FP Proceedings 1988 sought

7. British Logo User Group conference 1988

8. Using LabVIEW to communicate with VSB (IEEE 1096-1988)

9. British Logo User Group conference 1988

10. Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)

11. Scheme Bibliography (Aug. 1988)

12. 1988 LISP & FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING - CALL FOR PAPERS