Summer '87 App doesn't remote print
Author Message
 Summer '87 App doesn't remote print

You can try this:

Add the following lines to the system.ini of the PC that uses the shared
printer.  After section [386Enh] you add:

 [Network]
 PrintBufTime=5

 [IFSMGR]
 PrintBufTime=5

Printing will start almost instantly

P.S.  You mmust af course still capture the port

Greetings

Kris Goegebeur
Eximco

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Summer '87 App doesn't remote print

Quote:

> We are currently running a Summer '87 application under a small Win '95
> and Win '98 network. Whenever I try to print to a shared printer (not
> physically connected to the machine running the application) I receive
> the "Printer Not ready" message.
> I've tried without success to set the remote printer to Capture the LPT1
> Port.
> I use the IsPrinter() function to determine if the printer is ready.
> Do I have to recode this portion?
> Any suggestions?

IsPrinter() doesn't work properly with remote printers. It only
checks for physically available LPT ports. Use NanForum.Lib's
"FT_IsPrint()" instead.

--
bye
    ranf

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Summer '87 Print Output To Print Manager??

2. W'95, printing, Summer 87

3. Print Screen - Summer '87

4. Print Screen - Summer '87 (well clipper 5.2 for sure)

5. Win '95/Summer '87

6. Can't open xxxx.DBF error in Summer '87

7. Clipper '87 and printing under W'95

8. Clipper Summer'87

9. Summer' 87 Y2K bug

10. Looking for Books For Clipper Summer '87

11. Clipper Summer'87 cpu load 100%

12. Clipper rookie using Summer '87, PLink86 and Blinker 1.11