Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Author Message
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++

   Having no problem with Blinker & Xbase++.

   However, when I link in the Xbase Tools package with LIB statements in the
.LNK file for Blinker, I get the following error when I run the test program:

   'The XBTBASE1.DLL file is linked to missing export
XPPRT1.DLL:?os1Platformld_Fv'

   Crazy message or what ???

   BTW,  I ensured that the *missing* file XPPRT1.DLL *was* on the path.

   I'm concerned, however, about the sequence of the libraries on the path.
Also, I'm using the OMF versions of the libraries because blinker can't handle
the COFF versions.

  I need a bit of a 'kick start' here folks !!

   BTW (again), all I did (he sez) was include the FILEDATE() function from
XBTools, and then add-in the appropriate libraries and watch all my testing go
up in smoke.

   Next step is to strip all the Blinker stuff out and go back to ALINK and
start re-testing. I *don't want* to do this.

   Help please ...

-Mel

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Mel

You might get quicker answers in the Alaska news groups, rather than here.

    news.alaska-software.com

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Quote:
>    Having no problem with Blinker & Xbase++.

>    However, when I link in the Xbase Tools package with LIB statements in
the
> .LNK file for Blinker, I get the following error when I run the test
program:

>    'The XBTBASE1.DLL file is linked to missing export
> XPPRT1.DLL:?os1Platformld_Fv'

>    Crazy message or what ???

>    BTW,  I ensured that the *missing* file XPPRT1.DLL *was* on the path.

>    I'm concerned, however, about the sequence of the libraries on the
path.
> Also, I'm using the OMF versions of the libraries because blinker can't
handle
> the COFF versions.

>   I need a bit of a 'kick start' here folks !!

>    BTW (again), all I did (he sez) was include the FILEDATE() function
from
> XBTools, and then add-in the appropriate libraries and watch all my
testing go
> up in smoke.

>    Next step is to strip all the Blinker stuff out and go back to ALINK
and
> start re-testing. I *don't want* to do this.

>    Help please ...

> -Mel

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Steve,
   I visited there. not much activity at all ???

BTW,  it looks like ALINK uis just as good as Blinker 5.1. Hate to leave
Blinker though.

-Mel

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Mel

I believe Roger Donnay uses Blinker for his eXpress++ library and he is
regular participant there.

You might want to look at Rogers web news group as well.
    http://www.dclip.com/

The reason I pointed you there was your question about XBase & Blinker, I
don't remember seeing your question there when I read the XBase NGs.

Quote:
> BTW,  it looks like ALINK uis just as good as Blinker 5.1. Hate to leave
> Blinker though

Alink can't handle multiple resource files whereas Blinker can.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn
How come wrong numbers are never busy?
Does that screwdriver belong to Phillip?
Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?
Does killing time damage eternity?
Can you buy an entire chess set in a pawn-shop?

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Stephen,
   Thanks for the info.  I miss the SWPRUNCMD() of blinker too (even though
there is a function RUNSHELL() in Xbase++)

   Have run up agains several other missing items too in the last several hours
doing a conversion (e.g., TRAPANYKEY(), KEYSEC(), etc, etc)

-Mel

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Hi Mel,

Quote:
> Steve,
>    I visited there. not much activity at all ???

??? Where did you look exactly ???

Just some one or two weeks ago, the newsgroup
has been extended, maybe you need to fetch the
new sections into your newsreader again.

Im sure (because Im haning out there every day) you will
get an answer to your problem in virtually no time ;-)

HTH
Thomas Braun

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Thomas,
   *What* site are we talking about?:
     www.thexbasefiles.com
     www.blinkinc.com

or what ???

   I'd like to visit (or join) a site where I can discuss Xbase++/Blinker
implications.

   Right now, I'm linking fine with Blinker 5.1 *but* when I insert a
'SWPRUNCMD(...) into my developing test program, I get an 1115 linking error
(Unresolved refeence: SWPRUNCMD).

   Where the heck is the function SWPRUNCMD() kept ?? (i.e., in what library --
can't find it in any Blinker library. Going nuts now ....

   BTW, I use AOL and am a member of several ngs (of which comp.lang.clipper is
one).  I visited 'www.thexbasefiles.com' twice recently.  The only recent post
in Xpp 1.3 was last September.  Am I visiting the wrong places ?

Thanks,

-Mel Smith

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Al,

   I execute the following link script thru a batch file (called LNK.BAT) which
contains the following line:

   I run my PROJECT.XPJ first to do any necessary compiling. Then the link.

   Here's the essence of my link script:

   STACK 8192
   BLINKER MESSAGE WINK LEFT
   NOBELL
   FILE \WINMED\OBJ\BSMEDICA
   FILE \WINMED\OBJ\MEDPROC
   etc,
   etc
   MAP S,A
   LIB \ALASKA\XBTW32\LIB\OMF\XBTBASE1.LIB,\ALASKA\XBTW32\LIB\OMF\XBTBASE2.LIB
   OUTPUT WININIT
   DEFBEGIN
      NAME WININIT
      EXETYPE NT SUBSYSTEM CONSOLE
   DEFEND

   This is not at all elegant yet but works fine *when* I don't include
SWPRUNCMD(...) in one of the .prgs.  I *did* have CODEVIEW near the top of the
link file to get used to using XPPDBG (and worked with it for an hour or so
examining vrbls,etc) and will go back to that later after I get this
swpruncmd() thing cleared up.

   When I *do* include, it blows up with the Unresolved reference error

   I've checked my settings for PATH, LIB, and INCLUDE and I *believe* I've got
them set correctly.

   I guess what I'd like to know is *where* (i.e., in what library) Blinker
'hides' its Function definitions ??

TIA,

-Mel

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Hi Mel,

Mel Smith schrieb:

Quote:

> Thomas,
>    *What* site are we talking about?:
>      www.thexbasefiles.com
>      www.blinkinc.com

> or what ???

None of them,  we are talking about Alaskas own NewsGroup
on their own dedicated news server, see Stephens message
again :

Quote:
>Mel

>You might get quicker answers in the Alaska news groups, rather than >here.

>    news.alaska-software.com

HTH
Thomas Braun

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Thomas,

   Have tried twice to join the news.alaska-software.com news group. My AOL
news reader immediately says it it an invalid name ???
ps. I'd love to join them if I could -- what am I doing wrong here.

pps.  Just go notified a few minutes ago that SWPRUNCMD() can only be used from
DOS programs, and I'm going to have to change all my 'swap' calls to those
provided by Alaska (e.g., 'RUNSHELL()', etc)

-Mel

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Try removing the "-" between alaska and software.

Bob buckland

Quote:

> Thomas,

>    Have tried twice to join the news.alaska-software.com news group. My AOL
> news reader immediately says it it an invalid name ???
> ps. I'd love to join them if I could -- what am I doing wrong here.

> pps.  Just go notified a few minutes ago that SWPRUNCMD() can only be used from
> DOS programs, and I'm going to have to change all my 'swap' calls to those
> provided by Alaska (e.g., 'RUNSHELL()', etc)

> -Mel

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Bob,
   Thanks, I'll give it a try.

-Mel

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Bob Buckland,
   It didn't work.  I guess there's something different with AOL 4.0  Is just
just allow the 'standard' ngs (not the private ones.) As soon as I try to
subscribe, it says invalid group name.

BTW, I'm a member of 5 ngs now and have no problem.

-Mel

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++

Quote:
>   It didn't work.  I guess there's something different with AOL 4.0  Is just
>just allow the 'standard' ngs (not the private ones.) As soon as I try to
>subscribe, it says invalid group name.

The name of the newsgroup was correctly given, I make use of it every
day.

Peter Alderliesten

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Who's using Blinker & Xbase++
Mel,

I'm not sure how AOL works since I use a real ISP <g>.  When you go into your
newsgroups, does it allow you to download all newsgroups or does aol control what
you can access?  If so, you might want to look for another free Internet access
method, like freewwweb, netzero or E{*filter*}'s freeworld.  You soulld be able to
download the set up and access numbers.  Be aware that aol does some strange
things to other ISP setups.  You might need some tech support help to get
everything to work properly.

Good Luck.

Bob Buckland

Quote:

> Bob Buckland,
>    It didn't work.  I guess there's something different with AOL 4.0  Is just
> just allow the 'standard' ngs (not the private ones.) As soon as I try to
> subscribe, it says invalid group name.

> BTW, I'm a member of 5 ngs now and have no problem.

> -Mel

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. WTB: Xbase++ & Blinker 5.0

2. Xbase++ , RDD and Blinker 4.1

3. R&R XBASE with Clipper Summr '87

4. Xbase++, SQLExpress & ADS

5. R&R / Xbase++ / Relational Seeks

6. Linux, Flagship, XBase++ & Telepathy serial lib

7. XBase++ & C/S

8. have you every used xbase++

9. Is anyone using xBase++?

10. Xbase++ & Funcky