Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International 
Author Message
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International

Attention Clipper Users:

John Stolte recently replied to a posting from Intrasys International, which
read:

     "No, this product has nothing to with the Original
     Clipx, it is a knock off of my product ClipWeb.

     I tried to tell them that they had a potential
     problem with the name as well as the intellectual
     property issues, but they obviously didn't listen
     to me on either account."

We at Intrasys would like to reply to Mr. Stolte's erroneous observations with
regard to our ClipX(tm) product.

Mr. Stolte is correct in that we are not associated with G-Compu-systems or the
product they called ClipX.

We are, however, the legal owner of the Trademark "ClipX".
While we regret any confusion this might have caused in the Clipper community,
the fact remains that Intrasys holds the rights to that name.  There are, in
fact, at least two products (one of which has nothing to do with Clipper) which
bear the "ClipX" name; both are in violation of our trademark but we have to
this point elected not to pursue our legal rights.  We are prepared to do so if
necessary, but would much prefer to maintain a cordial relationship within the
software industry.

One visit to our website, www.clipx.net, should convince any Clipper programmer
that ClipX(tm) is in no manner, shape or form related to or a "knockoff of"
ClipWeb or any other product.

ClipX(tm) is a third party library which enables 16-bit Clipper programs to
function as a Common Gateway Interface by enabling STDIN/STDOUT, so that these
programs can be used independently of IIS/NT platforms.  Unlike ClipWeb, we
achieve superior performance by avoiding the need for IS2WCGI.DLL or WinCGI.  
Users simply recompile using our library, host their programs on platforms such
as Apache or any CGI 1.1-compliant server, and they're off and running.

How easy is it?  Download the evaluation copy from www.clipx.net and find out
for yourself!

With regard to intellectual property issues, please understand that we own, and
have legally registered as Trade Secret, the intellectual property employed by
ClipX(tm).  Regrettably, Mr. Stolte's implication that there are "intellectual
property issues" is not only incorrect, but possibly libelous.

We urge everyone who has questions regarding our products to contact us
directly.  We'll be happy to answer your questions, in a forthright manner.  
That's how we do business.

We're here to "Set the Record Straight."

Best regards,

Al Wylie
CTO, Intrasys International Incorporated




Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International


Quote:
>Attention Clipper Users:

>John Stolte recently replied to a posting from Intrasys International, which
>read:

>     "No, this product has nothing to with the Original
>     Clipx, it is a knock off of my product ClipWeb.

----------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
>     I tried to tell them that they had a potential
>     problem with the name as well as the intellectual
>     property issues, but they obviously didn't listen
>     to me on either account."

----------------------------------------------------------

Good statement John.

<snipped>

Quote:
>One visit to our website, www.clipx.net, should convince any Clipper programmer that ClipX(tm) is in no manner, shape or form related to

Then why do you say below that your product is superior to ClipX?
There should have been no comparison with Clipx or ClipWeb then.

Quote:
>or a "knockoff of" ClipWeb or any other product.

>ClipX(tm) is a third party library which enables 16-bit Clipper programs to
>function as a Common Gateway Interface by enabling STDIN/STDOUT, so that these
>programs can be used independently of IIS/NT platforms.  
>Unlike ClipWeb, we achieve superior performance

The term "superior performance" bothers me. I would think that a
milder wording such as "improved performance" would be a better
choice.

There is a local ISP that advertises on television as having "Superior
Performance" that really turns me off. After about two years they
removed the word "Superior" from there ad.

If I were to ever win a big lottery, then I could be "superior" to
most people. No, I'd rather say my life has "improved" financially.

Quote:
>by avoiding the need for IS2WCGI.DLL or WinCGI.  

<snipper>

Quote:
>With regard to intellectual property issues, please understand that we own, and
>have legally registered as Trade Secret, the intellectual property employed by
>ClipX(tm).  Regrettably, Mr. Stolte's implication that there are "intellectual
>property issues" is not only incorrect, but possibly libelous.

Sounds like "lawyer talk" to me. Sue someone because they disagree.

Quote:
>We urge everyone who has questions regarding our products to contact us
>directly.  

More fun to express my opinion in the newsgroup.
Probably a "dead-end" subject though.
Quote:
>We'll be happy to answer your questions, in a forthright manner.  
>That's how we do business.

>We're here to "Set the Record Straight."

>Best regards,

>Al Wylie
>CTO, Intrasys International Incorporated





Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International
All good comments; thanks.

Our point was meant to be that, in general, performance can be improved if
you can avoid the need for WinCGI and the IS2WCGI.dll, so where possible,
users should consider a Standard-In./Standard-Out solution such as ClipX.
Users who are already on an IIS platform should indeed use a solution such
as ClipWeb.  "Improved" is a better word.

As for the "lawyer talk", AMEN! Let's keep the lawyers out of our lives, and
work things out.

We in the Clipper community need to work together to GROW the market, not
tear it up!

Data and data storage is the hottest topic in the IT world today short of
the Internet itself, and it's encouraging to see that many vendors are
really starting to promote interoperability with legacy systems.  I just got
back from the Storage Networking Industry Association's convention and trade
show; I see a future for all of us!

Best regards...

  --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
     Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
    -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------



Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International

Quote:
> Our point was meant to be that, in general, performance can be improved if
<snip>
>   --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
>      Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
>     -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

Why are you posting anonymously? It can only damage your credibility...

Neil
MythoLogics



Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International
Neil,

My original message went out in my name; my reply thread went through an
anonymous server because that's where the thread I was replying to
originated.

One of the strange things that happen when you scan multiple news servers.
Sorry for the appearance.  I too mistrust anonymous posts.

As shown in my ORIGINAL message, I am Al Wylie, Intrasys Int'l Inc., e-mail

You can reach me there, with any questions or comments.

Now that we're not anonymous, feel free to read the content, knowing it came
from a real live human being at a real live company.

Best regards,

Al



Thu, 01 May 2003 13:37:05 GMT  
 Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International


Quote:
> All good comments; thanks.

> Our point was meant to be that, in general, performance can be
improved if
> you can avoid the need for WinCGI and the IS2WCGI.dll,

How much faster do you want it?  A simple well written Win-CGI app
executes in a small fraction of a second.  How much of that could have
been Win-CGI overhead?  A more complex app of course takes more time,
but the Win-CGI portion of the time will be about the same.

I don't believe that there is any way that anyone can really take
advantage of any speed increase, be it real or perceived, due the fact
that the time it takes to send the data back to the web browser client
over the internet (even in T1 environments) just totally decimates the
gain (if any)

Quote:
>so where possible,
> users should consider a Standard-In./Standard-Out solution such as
>ClipX.

Just for the record, We do have code for any ClipWeb users that really
need it to allow for STDIN/STDOUT operations.  We just never published
it as we felt that the WIN-CGI standard was better.  If any legitimate
ClipWeb user really needs, it, we'll provide it.

Quote:
> Users who are already on an IIS platform should indeed use a solution
such
> as ClipWeb.  "Improved" is a better word.

Which Web servers does your product work on?  And which ones does it
not work on?

Quote:
> As for the "lawyer talk", AMEN! Let's keep the lawyers out of our
lives, and
> work things out.

Great! What do you propose?  I'm all ears.

Quote:

> We in the Clipper community need to work together to GROW the market,
not
> tear it up!

I can't agree more, but I'm surprised to hear you say that under the
circumstances.  This is starting to sound like the Election campaigns
all over again.  "Fuzzy numbers" etc... Who is going to be the next
President anyway ??? :-)

<snip>

Quote:
> Best regards...

>   --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------

Who is/was this anyway?  Anonymous?

:=JHS
www.selective-software.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. IBM Object REXX for Windows Evaluation copy available

2. Oberon-2 Slim Binary(tm) Decompiler Available!

3. Common Lisp HyperSpec(TM) now available

4. The Book(tm) is available in Australia

5. Free evaluation copy HLASM analysis tool (Linux)

6. Free evaluation copy HLASM analysis tool (Linux)

7. SST error: evaluation copy

8. Evaluation Copy

9. C5 Evaluation Copy?

10. Request for Evaluation Copy

11. Evaluation Copy - Example Does Not Work!

12. Evaluation Copy of clarion web edition 5.5

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software