seeking clipper summer-87 disks and perhaps a more recent version of clipper
Author Message
 seeking clipper summer-87 disks and perhaps a more recent version of clipper

I've been contracted to do a Y2K fix for a client for an application written
in Clipper Summer '87.  It's been at least 8 years since I've touched the
language, and when I dug out my manual, the floppies were gone.  Does anyone
have a copy of the floppies (either format) I could buy?  I have no need for
the manual, as I already have it.

Also, I'll probably want to migrate this to a more recent version of
Clipper.  What is the most recent version?  What are the usual migration
issues from Summer '87 to the most current versions?  I never had the
opportunity to use Clipper 5.

thanks,
-mike begley

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 seeking clipper summer-87 disks and perhaps a more recent version of clipper

Quote:
>I've been contracted to do a Y2K fix for a client for an application written
>in Clipper Summer '87.  It's been at least 8 years since I've touched the
>language, and when I dug out my manual, the floppies were gone.  Does anyone
>have a copy of the floppies (either format) I could buy?  I have no need for
>the manual, as I already have it.
>Also, I'll probably want to migrate this to a more recent version of
>Clipper.  What is the most recent version?  What are the usual migration
>issues from Summer '87 to the most current versions?  I never had the
>opportunity to use Clipper 5.

5.3b is the final version, but longtime Clipper fans prefer 5.2e. 5.3
was compiled with a different C compiler/library, and obsoletes ALL
older code libraries. There are literally hundreds of freeware
libraries for 5.2e. (see my www site)

5.2e was the last version using the old C compiler. (Microsoft C 5.1
using the LLIBCA.LIB model)

Look for messages in this conference from Eric Engleman. He sells old
versions. Get used 5.2e and Blinker 3.3 and you'll have the best
version of Clipper compiler and one of the great versions of Blinker
linker.

Get a higher version of Blinker if possible, but 3.3 is quite stable.

3.01, 3.1, 3.2 can all be upgraded for free to 3.3.

Clipper 5 is miles better than S'87 and can absorb virtually all of
the S'87b code without changes.

You can also get Click! from my www site to run across the old code.
It will perform code reformat/beautification plus it will convert a
lot of the S'87 syntax to the 5.2 syntax.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             Always remember you are unique...
               Just like everyone else!

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Out of Disk Space -- Clipper Summer 87 -- Help!

2. Clipper Summer 87 Clipper lib-4am -could you send

3. Clipper Summer'87

4. Clipper (Summer 87) Work Files

5. Help me Link file for clipper summer 87 @ plink86 or tlink

6. Looking for Books For Clipper Summer '87

7. Clipper summer 87

8. Clipper summer 87

9. Summer 87 Clipper Lib

10. Problem with converting Summer 87 to CA-Clipper 5.2e with Funcky.LIB

11. Clipper Summer 87 italian docs

12. Clipper Summer'87 cpu load 100%