Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)
Author Message
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.
The problem arises erraticaly under different circumstances, but
always when the program works on the same database. (I can assure you
that the code that manages this and even all databases, indexes. etc.
is perfectly tested for years and performing without problems).
I've found that it crashes with different errors, sometimes  internal
error 1210, sometimes GPFs showing me the registers but not the reason
for crashing, sometimes says that DBGOBOTTOM or DBGOTOP or DBSKIP is
invalid. I've tested it in both Real and Protected Mode, and linked it
with RTLink, Exospace 1.0g and Blinker 4.1 but the problem is still
there.??
I've been working with the same type of code for all my programs for
years and never found such an error...
Finally I linked it with Exospace with MAP option to see what is the
function or module that crashes and find that it is allways the same:
CDXCORE_TEXT.
Following is part of the MAP file that Exospace generates and the
modules where seems to be the problem.
Any clue overthere??
Thanks in advance.

Fri, 19 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Hi, Carlos, -

Quote:
> I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.
> The problem arises erraticaly under different circumstances, but
> always when the program works on the same database. (I can assure you
> that the code that manages this and even all databases, indexes. etc.
> is perfectly tested for years and performing without problems).
> I've found that it crashes with different errors, sometimes  internal
> error 1210, sometimes GPFs showing me the registers but not the reason
> for crashing, sometimes says that DBGOBOTTOM or DBGOTOP or DBSKIP is
> invalid. I've tested it in both Real and Protected Mode, and linked it
> with RTLink, Exospace 1.0g and Blinker 4.1 but the problem is still
> there.??

<SNIP>

As docs state it: 1210 - Data and Index files out of sync - check it once
again if all indexes are open on update.

There is another try too - I found DBFCDX to be rather senstitive in case
of bad records/inconsistent structure of DBF. So ceck out if all records
and esp. their key fields have valid values. Then you can repump this DBF
into newly created ctructure.

HTH,

-- Edis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eduardas Tamoshauskas

http://www.geoCities.com/Paris/6122
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D O N ' T   G E T    V I R T U A L !

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Quote:

> I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.

The DBFCDX and DBFMDX RDDs supplied with Clipper versions 5.00 through
5.2e are broken.  Don't use either of them.

Solutions:
1)  Upgrade to v5.3 (with all the latest patches).
2)  Buy either Comix or SixDriver RDD.

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Quote:

>> I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.

>The DBFCDX and DBFMDX RDDs supplied with Clipper versions 5.00 through
>5.2e are broken.  Don't use either of them.

>Solutions:
>1)  Upgrade to v5.3 (with all the latest patches).
>2)  Buy either Comix or SixDriver RDD.

Am I right in thinking that Successware still haven't moved their SixDrivers
upto version 5.3x yet?

Bri.
--

              http://www.crox.demon.co.uk/cellar

My ideas are my own, my thoughts are my own! Nobody wants em!

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Hi

The DBFCDX driver in 5.2e is broken!  And that's just about all I know
about that!

Bye

Craig Jarvis
Cape Town, South Africa

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Carlos

The DBFCDX driver in Clipper5.2 is Sixdriver V1.0, you are experiencing
problems that are in this particular version.

Upgrade to or buy Sixdriver V3 or Comix V3 and your problems will go away.

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

http://www.brutecom.com.au

Quote:
> I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.
> The problem arises erraticaly under different circumstances, but
> always when the program works on the same database. (I can assure you
> that the code that manages this and even all databases, indexes. etc.
> is perfectly tested for years and performing without problems).
> I've found that it crashes with different errors, sometimes  internal
> error 1210, sometimes GPFs showing me the registers but not the reason
> for crashing, sometimes says that DBGOBOTTOM or DBGOTOP or DBSKIP is
> invalid. I've tested it in both Real and Protected Mode, and linked it
> with RTLink, Exospace 1.0g and Blinker 4.1 but the problem is still
> there.??
> I've been working with the same type of code for all my programs for
> years and never found such an error...
> Finally I linked it with Exospace with MAP option to see what is the
> function or module that crashes and find that it is allways the same:
> CDXCORE_TEXT.
> Following is part of the MAP file that Exospace generates and the
> modules where seems to be the problem.
> Any clue overthere??
> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Quote:

> >> I have an application written in clipper 5.2e and using DBFCDX driver.
> >The DBFCDX and DBFMDX RDDs supplied with Clipper versions 5.00 through
> >5.2e are broken.  Don't use either of them.
> >Solutions:
> >1)  Upgrade to v5.3 (with all the latest patches).
> >2)  Buy either Comix or SixDriver RDD.
> Am I right in thinking that Successware still haven't moved their SixDrivers
> upto version 5.3x yet?

If my memory of my most recent visit to their web site (about two
monthsa ago), they supported versions through 5.2e at that time.  Don't
know about the present, though.

Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (0/1)

Quote:

><SNIP>

>As docs state it: 1210 - Data and Index files out of sync - check it once
>again if all indexes are open on update.

>There is another try too - I found DBFCDX to be rather senstitive in case
>of bad records/inconsistent structure of DBF. So ceck out if all records
>and esp. their key fields have valid values. Then you can repump this DBF
>into newly created ctructure.

>HTH,

>-- Edis

The problem seems to be the original DBFCDX driver supplied with 5.2e.
I've tested Comix Driver v3.0 and it works fine where DBFCDX crashed.
And as I said in the original message, the program is tested ok.  No
logical error. Just driver erratic errors...
Ok CA, let's dance...
Aun hay esperanza para todo aquel que esta entre los vivos...
Saludos desde Orense

Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e app using DBFCDX - Error (1/1)

2. Erratic internal error 1210 in clipper 5.2e using DBFCDX

3. Help: internal Error 1210 in Clipper 5.2e program

4. internal error 1210

5. Internal Error 1210

6. Internal error 1210 ???

7. Internal error 1210

8. Internal error 1210 running under Win95b

9. internal 1210 error ??

10. Error Unlock Internal 1210

11. Error DBunlock Internal 1210

12. Internal Error 1210...