Hi everyone I am back.
Author Message
 Hi everyone I am back.

I am back, My boss decided that We are going to convert to Access.
This is his decision not mine.

Ok, Please keep the laughter down to one or two lines.

Problem:
I have a clipper program that generates four indexes on a large database (
50 megs ).  The problem is that each of the indexes has six (6) fields in
them!!!

It takes 1 second less than eternity to create one index.

I can't change the database or the indexes.  (Not my choice. )

Question:
Does anyone have any code or libraries that are written in C and run much
much faster that Clipper?

BTW: If you are wondering why we still use Clipper, Keep in mind that we are
use Access.
--
Scott Burke

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:40:23 GMT
 Hi everyone I am back.

I had a large table that used multiple fields as an index.  I did some
benchmarking and found that I got faster results by creating an index on each
field and letting JET sort out the result set than if I created one index on all
the fields combined.  Try it. That may solve several problems at the same time

Michael

Quote:
>I am back, My boss decided that We are going to convert to Access.
>This is his decision not mine.

>Ok, Please keep the laughter down to one or two lines.

>Problem:
>I have a clipper program that generates four indexes on a large database (
>50 megs ).  The problem is that each of the indexes has six (6) fields in
>them!!!

>It takes 1 second less than eternity to create one index.

>I can't change the database or the indexes.  (Not my choice. )

>Question:
>Does anyone have any code or libraries that are written in C and run much
>much faster that Clipper?

>BTW: If you are wondering why we still use Clipper, Keep in mind that we are
>use Access.

Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:45:25 GMT
 Hi everyone I am back.
Hi Michael,
                Nice ideal but it was axed by my boss.

Well... It was a nice try any way.

Until the next disaster.   :)
--
Scott Burke

Quote:

> I had a large table that used multiple fields as an index.  I did some
> benchmarking and found that I got faster results by creating an index on
each
> field and letting JET sort out the result set than if I created one index
on all
> the fields combined.  Try it. That may solve several problems at the same
time

> Michael

> >I am back, My boss decided that We are going to convert to Access.
> >This is his decision not mine.

> >Ok, Please keep the laughter down to one or two lines.

> >Problem:
> >I have a clipper program that generates four indexes on a large database
(
> >50 megs ).  The problem is that each of the indexes has six (6) fields in
> >them!!!

> >It takes 1 second less than eternity to create one index.

> >I can't change the database or the indexes.  (Not my choice. )

> >Question:
> >Does anyone have any code or libraries that are written in C and run much
> >much faster that Clipper?

> >BTW: If you are wondering why we still use Clipper, Keep in mind that we
are
> >use Access.

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:04:49 GMT

1. Hi everyone.

2. Hi everyone,...

3. Hi everyone

4. Hi everyone out there in adaland!

5. Hi everyone

6. Hi, I'm back again!

7. hi i am tring to make some code that does this

8. I am back!

9. I am back!

10. I am back with a question!

11. I am back with another PythonCOM Question....!

12. hi,phill, hi beth!