Win95 network+ExoSpace 1.0g+Clipper 5.2e problem
Author Message
 Win95 network+ExoSpace 1.0g+Clipper 5.2e problem

Hi,

We have installed application on computer in Win95 network (IPX/SPX).
Then we want to run this application from another computer.
But, after some DBFs with NSX compound indexes have opened successfully,
it has reported a DOS error 55: Network device no longer exists!
When we've retried to open the last file, it has opened. But the same
error has occured again after some successfully opened remaining files.
Finally, all the files were open.

The same problem does not occur when using Blinker 3.20.
Any suggestions?

Best regards, Roman

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Win95 network+ExoSpace 1.0g+Clipper 5.2e problem

Quote:

>Hi,
>We have installed application on computer in Win95 network (IPX/SPX).
>Then we want to run this application from another computer.
>But, after some DBFs with NSX compound indexes have opened successfully,
>it has reported a DOS error 55: Network device no longer exists!
>When we've retried to open the last file, it has opened. But the same
>error has occured again after some successfully opened remaining files.
>Finally, all the files were open.
>The same problem does not occur when using Blinker 3.20.
>Any suggestions?

I only use Blinker, but we also use R&R v  6.0 in our commercial apps
which uses the same DOS extender as exospace and our users report a
locked up computer every now and then.

I'm no expert in this DOS extender voodoo majic, but I have found
blinker extended mode programs to be 100% relaible when R&R fails.
Why don't you just use Blinker?

Glenn

Glenn Butler                           -----
Vice President -- Product Development  ======     S T R E A M W A R E

                                       ========
Streamware Corporation                 ---------    C O R P O R A T I O N
40 Freeman Place                       ===========
Needham, MA                            --------------
02192                                  ==================
617-449-0300                           ----------------------

Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eten Chinese System 3.52, Clipper 5.2e, Exospace 1.0g, Clipper Tools 3.0b Problem

2. Clipper 5.2e/Exospace 1.0g under Windows

3. Clipper 5.2e and Win95 network

4. clipper 5.2e + exospace + win (95) problem

5. Clipper 5.3 /Exospace - Indexing Problem in Win95!!

6. Win2K + Clipper5.2e /exospace + network HELP!

7. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

8. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

9. Clipper 5.2e + Exospace + W98 + Novell 4

10. Clipper 5.2e+exospace in NT4

11. Exospace for Clipper 5.2e

12. Linking clipper 5.2e with Exospace