I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server
Author Message
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

I need software to migrate database files (DBF format) to MS-SQL.

Thanks...

KR

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Quote:

>I need software to migrate database files (DBF format) to MS-SQL.

>Thanks...

What's wrong with Microsoft Access?

jdm

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Quote:

>>I need software to migrate database files (DBF format) to MS-SQL.
>What's wrong with Microsoft Access?
>jdm

There is at least one thing coming in my mind...
The "record"-locking Access does. It can't lock exactly records, only so called
"pages" (that means: it locks more records than needed).

Just my 2 cent

Holger

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Quote:

>On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:36:36 -0600, jomo

>> What's wrong with Microsoft Access?

>I tried typing up a response to the above question but emacs ran out
of
>memory.

>--

: - )

Let me rephrase that.

Access would work as a tool with which to transfer DBF files to a SQL
Server database.  I would certainly not consider it for application
development.

jdm

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Quote:

>>>I need software to migrate database files (DBF format) to MS-SQL.

>>What's wrong with Microsoft Access?
>>jdm

>There is at least one thing coming in my mind...
>The "record"-locking Access does. It can't lock exactly records, only
so called
>"pages" (that means: it locks more records than needed).

You don't need record locking just to transfer DBF files to SQL
server.  He isn't asking what to migrate the whole app with.  Just the
files.

jdm

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Quote:

> What's wrong with Microsoft Access?

I tried typing up a response to the above question but emacs ran out of
memory.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

Im Artikel

Quote:
>Let me rephrase that.

>Access would work as a tool with which to transfer DBF files to a SQL
>Server database.  I would certainly not consider it for application
>development.

>jdm

OK - Thank you !
So You're right !
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Holger

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server
I use MySQL and it has a function 'load data infile' - the MySQL
manual has a detailed description for importing the *.dbf file
(another way is of course to export from Clipper to a tab delimited or
something format  and then just import).
 /Carl
MySQL is more or less free and well supported.

Quote:

>I need software to migrate database files (DBF format) to MS-SQL.

>Thanks...

>KR

Remove nospam! to reply by e-mail

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating TPS files to SQL Server 7 files

2. DBF and MS SQL SERVER

3. Migrating from Novell to NT Server advise needed

4. Clipper, DBF, SQL

5. Need Help in Migrating Clipper Database from Novell to WinNT

6. Clipper Dbf Server

7. Clipper & SQL Server

8. Clipper 5.2 & SQL Server 7.0

9. MS SQL Server and Clipper

10. Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

11. Migrate .dbf to Oracle

12. Clipper to ADS, SQL Server