WIN NT and clipper
Author Message
 WIN NT and clipper

I have just put together a new box and set it up with NT

I can't seem to be avle to get a DOS session to read my environmental
variables

SET LIB
SET OBJ etc.......

and I am running out of file handles.

Is there a Kind soul out there who can point me to the correct page of
the manual or the right help screen.

Ta

Peter Brighton

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Quote:

>I have just put together a new box and set it up with NT

>I can't seem to be avle to get a DOS session to read my environmental
>variables

>SET LIB
>SET OBJ etc.......

>and I am running out of file handles.

>Is there a Kind soul out there who can point me to the correct page of
>the manual or the right help screen.

>Ta

>Peter Brighton

edit CONFIG.NT in folder \WinNT\System32 to set your files.
In order to make environment settings persistent, open control panel,
system,  then click on the environment tab. Use help if you don't see
immediately how to enter new values.

Charlie

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WIN NT and clipper

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:39:17 -0600, "Charles Cremer"

Quote:

>>I have just put together a new box and set it up with NT

>>I can't seem to be avle to get a DOS session to read my environmental
>>variables

>>SET LIB
>>SET OBJ etc.......

>>and I am running out of file handles.

>>Is there a Kind soul out there who can point me to the correct page of
>>the manual or the right help screen.

>>Ta

>>Peter Brighton

>edit CONFIG.NT in folder \WinNT\System32 to set your files.
>In order to make environment settings persistent, open control panel,
>system,  then click on the environment tab. Use help if you don't see
>immediately how to enter new values.

There is an easier way without the need to tinker with all them NT
settings. Make a copy of your MSDOS link let it execute a batchfile
with the following content:

Path=%path%;f:\cl52\bin;f:\bl4;f:\pbmake;f:\bl4\clp\tpl

Rem ** To increase the number of files, just change this //F: setting.
set clipper=//f:40
set lib=f:\cl52\lib;f:\bl4\lib;f:\hiclas22\LIB
set obj=f:\cl52\obj;f:\bl4\obj;f:\hiclas22\LIB
set include=f:\cl52\include;f:\hiclas22\include
set blinker=/SX+ /SE+

HTH,

Wim Kok

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WIN NT and clipper

Hi,
I have a dos application running on Netware using Advantage Database
Server linked with causeway and all is well. ADS 4.21 for Novell-
Netware.
I got the ADS 4.4 for NT Server including the Client Libraries to
connect via TCP/IP for which there is a tool ADSDOSIP.exe which has to
be running either on a WIN95 on WIN NT client for it to work.
Well the application crashes with Internal Error 667, wonder if anyone
out there has had similar experiences and solved this.

--
Arnold Johnson

--
Arnold Johnson

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WIN NT and clipper

Hi,
I have a dos application running on Netware using Advantage Database
Server linked with causeway and all is well. ADS 4.21 for Novell-
Netware.
I got the ADS 4.4 for NT Server including the Client Libraries to
connect via TCP/IP for which there is a tool ADSDOSIP.exe which has to
be running either on a WIN95 on WIN NT client for it to work.
Well the application crashes with Internal Error 667, wonder if anyone
out there has had similar experiences and solved this.
--
Arnold Johnson

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper Win NT Problem (slow)

2. SP 6 Win NT -> slowing clipper programs

3. Clipper app and mouse on Win NT Workstat/ Win2K

4. ANNOUNCEMENT: OTC Terminal for Clipper/Win NT

5. Clipper and Win nt.

6. Clipper's File() function in Win NT 4

7. clipper on win9x workstation & win nt server

8. Clipper And WIN NT

9. printing problem Clipper 5.1 / Win NT 4

10. Clipper 5.3 run on Win NT/ Win98

11. Clipper File Security On WIN NT

12. Clipper 5.2 and Win NT (input key)