Mouse and Screen - Again
Author Message
 Mouse and Screen - Again

Hello all,

Somebody in this NG told me that a "touch-screen" is an implementation
of "mouse". I still cannot figure it out how to do it.

Any hints please ?

Thank you.
--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mouse and Screen - Again
Probably was me.  All touch screens that I've seen generate mouse inputs
(I've been doing touch screen apps for about 6 years).  While most of my
experience has been with windows (VB and VO), based on what I've seen:
programmatically a touch screen is a mouse.  I remember doing DOS stuff with
FoxPro 2.6 briefly 6 years ago - the touch screen driver was different, but
the programming was not.  I do most of my development on a system without a
touch screen and mouse events are indistinguishable from touch screen
events.

If you have DOS aware mouse drivers and a mouse aware Clipper app, you
should be in business.

Quote:
> Hello all,

> Somebody in this NG told me that a "touch-screen" is an implementation
> of "mouse". I still cannot figure it out how to do it.

> Any hints please ?

> Thank you.
> --
> Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mouse and Screen - Again
Andi,

Surf the web, AFAIK there are low cost touch screen transparent plate sold
which could be installed on any CRT or LCD surface of any brand. Of course
in various sizes, resolutions and accuracy. Using "touch scanner" i/f,
connected to PC via serial / PS2 mouse port or USB (?) emulating the mouse
device. Consider a "touch" as a "click", "double touch" as "double click".
Even the "drag & drop" operation. IMHO, if your program is mousable, it
would 99.99% works with touch screens.

HTH,
Andum

Quote:
> Hello all,

> Somebody in this NG told me that a "touch-screen" is an implementation
> of "mouse". I still cannot figure it out how to do it.

> Any hints please ?

> Thank you.
> --
> Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

2. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

3. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

4. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

5. Mouse - again :)

6. mouse event handler again

7. mouse event handler again

8. mouse again

9. Moving the mouse cursor at bottom right of the screen

10. Global mouse position on screen with RB

11. how place the mouse at position on screen

12. How to activate mouse in Dos box or full screen in Win98