dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected
Author Message
 dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected

I need information about the error "DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected".
If somebody have some news about this, please let me know

Regards,

Patrick Vandebroek

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected

Hi,

If you look in NG, at the error : DBFNTX/1210, you will see how you can
avoid this
(example : use STR() with all parameters ( eg. STR(nX,5,0)  in stead of
STR(nX) ), ...)

Quote:
> I need information about the error "DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected".
> If somebody have some news about this, please let me know

> Regards,

> Patrick Vandebroek

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected

edited):

Quote:
>I need information about the error "DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected".
>If somebody have some news about this, please let me know

This may help:

1210    Data and Index files out of sync

    Explanation:  Database (.dbf) and index (.ntx) files are not
    synchronized, or there is a stack corruption or access problem related
    to the RDD loaded.

    Action:  Some suggestions to resolve the problem are:

    1. If the cause of this problem is that the database is being updated
       through a utility external to the application, simply recreate the
       index (.ntx) file and restart the application.

    2. If the database was not updated outside of the application, check the
       code for the application to ensure that all indexes are open when
       updates are being done.  Correct the code, recreate the index files
       (.ntx), and restart the application.

    3. Check that ALL index key expressions are a constant length. Usage of
       LTRIM(), RTRIM(), TRIM(), ALLTRIM(), STR(), and DTOC() can all
       produce expressions that are not a constant length.  The TRIM()
       functions should all be padded out to a constant width using PADR().

    4. Use all three arguments to STR().

    5. Use DTOS() instead of DTOC() in index key expressions.  DTOC() is
       dependent upon the SET DATE FORMAT.

    Note:  This error is applicable to the third party replaceable
    database drivers  (RDDs), and may not be applicable to CA-Clipper RDDs.
    This may mean the stack was corrupted, preventing the application from
    accessing the RDD's index expression.  Increase the STACK or PROCEDURE
    DEPTH.  Look for missing or incorrectly ordered .LIBraries, or loading a
    mismatched RDD.

    See Also:  Errors 1010, 1020, and DBFNTX/1210 in this chapter.

Don

"RAM DISK is * NOT * an installation procedure!"

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited

2. Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

3. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected error

4. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected - Please Help!

5. Help: DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

6. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

7. DBFNTX/1210: corruption detected

8. DBFNTX/1210 corruption detected.

9. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

10. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected on Windows NT4.0 Workstation

11. Problem Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

12. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected