DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000
Author Message
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000

Hi. We have a large Clipper 5.2e app. that that's linked using
Exospace 1.0g.  We're using Extended System's Extend Net boxes for ip
printing.  The Clipper app. is a legacy app that we plan on using for
another year or so.  The only problem is that we can't print.  So far,
we've added a local printer that uses an ip port.  Then added a DOS
print setting in the registry, ran a file that uses the "net use"
command.  Still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? - other than re-writing the Clipper app.
Please & thanks.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:36:11 GMT
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000
paulus,

http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm

Regards,
Davide.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:54:34 GMT
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000

Quote:

> paulus,

> http://www.dse.nl/~tmk/clipper/clpwinprint.htm

> Regards,
> Davide.

Thank you for the info.  I'll investigate further.  Any
comments/recommendations on the suggested 3rd party software?  Have
you tried any of them?  Spooler vs library, which one would be better?
 I'm leaning towards the library as we have the source code and I'm
one of the developers.

Regards.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:56:54 GMT
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000

Quote:

> Hi. We have a large Clipper 5.2e app. that that's linked using
> Exospace 1.0g.  We're using Extended System's Extend Net boxes for ip
> printing.  The Clipper app. is a legacy app that we plan on using for
> another year or so.  The only problem is that we can't print.  So far,
> we've added a local printer that uses an ip port.  Then added a DOS
> print setting in the registry, ran a file that uses the "net use"
> command.  Still no luck.

> Does anyone have any ideas? - other than re-writing the Clipper app.
> Please & thanks.

Forgot to mention that redirecting the contents of a directory to LPT2
prints fine but when trying to print from the Clipper app. it goes to
the twilight zone.

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:59:27 GMT
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000
Hi Paulus,

Quote:
> Forgot to mention that redirecting the contents of a directory to LPT2
> prints fine but when trying to print from the Clipper app. it goes to
> the twilight zone.

install a standard printer to windows 2000, give the printer the name STD
and share the new printer.
Then make a redirection to the new printer:
net use LPT2 \\stationname\STD

After this you should be able to print.

Greetings from good old Vienna
Leon Berger

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:48:55 GMT
 DOS printing with Clipper 5.2e & Win2000
Use a batch file with contents:
net use lpt1: \\servername\printername  /persistent:yes
run this batch file once each system startup
-------

Quote:
> Hi. We have a large Clipper 5.2e app. that that's linked using
> Exospace 1.0g.  We're using Extended System's Extend Net boxes for ip
> printing.  The Clipper app. is a legacy app that we plan on using for
> another year or so.  The only problem is that we can't print.  So far,
> we've added a local printer that uses an ip port.  Then added a DOS
> print setting in the registry, ran a file that uses the "net use"
> command.  Still no luck.

> Does anyone have any ideas? - other than re-writing the Clipper app.
> Please & thanks.

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:26:50 GMT

1. For, Clip-4-Dos & Clipper 5.2e

2. R&R DOS and Clipper 5.2e in Novell 6.0

3. Win2000 to Win2000 printing

4. Printing Prob - Win2000 - NetWare 5 - Clipper

5. Clipper 5.3 app, Win2000, DOS error 5??

6. Printing from clipper applications under Win XP DOS prints control codes

7. DOS Clipper 5.2e and Ctrl-PgDn

8. DOS-clipper 5.2e under Wind2k/XP eats 100% CPU-power

9. dial-up called from DOS window of Clipper 5.2e

10. DOS Clipper 5.2e/5.3b error: Runtime 5302 Conventional memory exhausted

11. Clipper v5.2e Dos Error 5

12. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55