Editor with code completion
Author Message
 Editor with code completion

Hi,

Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion,
based on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

Alex

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:20:57 GMT
 Editor with code completion

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion, based
> on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

Lots of editing environments do that. emacs, for example, as an "abbrev"
mode for just this sort of thing.

<URL:http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Editors/> might be worth a visit if
you're "shopping" for an editor.

--
Dave Pearson:                   |     lbdb.el - LBDB interface.
http://www.davep.org/           |  sawfish.el - Sawfish mode.

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:51:20 GMT
 Editor with code completion
ED for Windows!!

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion,
> based on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

> Alex

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:07:21 GMT
 Editor with code completion
ED for Windows   Check it out!!
www.getsoft.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion,
> based on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

> Alex

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 07:02:39 GMT
 Editor with code completion
Brief, ME, many more.

Mike

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion,
> based on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

> Alex

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:52:06 GMT
 Editor with code completion
Alex,

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a editor, which can be "taught" code completion,
> based on your own written functions, classes, etc.?

This is what I do with Boxer (www.boxersoftware.com):

 Each function of my lib, has one "prototype" line, detailing all
parameters.

Example:
 // PROTO GetBox( xVariavel, [cTexto], [cPicture], [Cor], [CorGet]) ->
xVariavel
 FUNCTION GetBox( Variavel, cTexto, cPicture, Cor, CorGet)

 Afert adding new functions, I open all source files (45+), do a global
search for PROTO, and boxer generates a new file containing a list of all
"prototypes". This file is then saved on a fixed folder.

 When I need help with one function, I just write its name and press Ctrl+E
to call a macro that opens the list file, searches for the function name,
inserts the "prototype" on the file beeing edited and closes the list file.

This is fast, convenient, and works for me.
You might be able to do this with your current editor.

Regards,
Antnio Vila-Ch?
Viana do Castelo
Portugal

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:51:41 GMT

1. Eiffel editor with code completion ?

2. Python Code Completion in an Editor

3. An editor with identifier-completion ?

4. ?command completion and line editor

5. ANN: CJDLookup revision 3, context sensitive code completion tool

6. IBM completion codes

7. does php guaranty code completion

8. Code completion keystroke in PythonWin?

9. Code completion, parameter info in DVF 6

10. Win32com curiousity #2: PythonWin code completion

11. Python Code Completion

12. Can xemacs do symbol completion for lisp code?