VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server
Author Message
 VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server

Hi Guys

Last month I posted a message in wich I made the comment that VO and
MS-SQL sucked. I could no have been more wrong in fact if I can help
it I'll never go back to XBASE filles again.

It's fast and easy once you put your mind to it, but one of the things
I must say is use as little of the SQLeditor as possible I found the
best results came from coding my own CONNECT,INSERT,UPDATE,
and SELECT statements.

Arthur Boudreau

Wed, 02 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server

Quote:

>Last month I posted a message in wich I made the comment that VO and
>MS-SQL sucked. I could no have been more wrong in fact if I can help
>it I'll never go back to XBASE filles again.

>It's fast and easy once you put your mind to it, but one of the things
>I must say is use as little of the SQLeditor as possible I found the
>best results came from coding my own CONNECT,INSERT,UPDATE,
>and SELECT statements.

I'm glad and e{*filter*}d to hear that.  I'm still using DBFs in my
VO apps, but it's good to know that you found a way to use SQL
successfully.

--
Mark W. Schumann  | ObCDA: Rep. Martin Hoke is a poopy-head.

Tue, 08 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server
Im a newcomer to VO. After lots of headaches and tons of coffees, I made
a very simple VO application that through SQL-Server ODBC connected to a
Sybase 10 table.

I used VO SQL-Standard interface. Can you help me a bit, in order to
get more VO-SQL information ?

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VO and MS-SQL-Server

2. VO code for SQL-SERVER

3. Problem VO 1.0c with SQL Server

4. VO and MicroSoft SQL Server Help needed

5. VO sucks when using MS-SQL

6. need a tool to create simple client/server apps

7. App name on MS SQL Server

8. Guidance using VA Web Connect - taking fat client and making it a multi-user server app

9. Error using OLE in client/server apps

10. mxODBC SQL Type error with MS SQL Server

11. Python and MS SQL (Microsoft SQL server)

12. C55 SQL Server APP GPFing at app exit