How to transform .obj file return to .prg file
Author Message
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Help Help me.
How to transform .obj file return to .prg file ?
My .prg file has been deleted.

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:
>Help Help me.
>How to transform .obj file return to .prg file ?
>My .prg file has been deleted.

obj to  prg :   ????
exe to prg:  Valkirie Program

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

> >Help Help me.
> >How to transform .obj file return to .prg file ?
> >My .prg file has been deleted.

> obj to  prg :   ????
> exe to prg:  Valkirie Program

Intermediate step: Create a new executable with just the single object
file and ignore all unresolved externals.

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

It's very simple to obtain source file:
You must link the obj file with Clipper standard libraries, using command:

RTLINK FI yourfile

and after You should use Valkyrie to obtain the whole source file (wooohhh!!!)

Bye.

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

> Help Help me.
> How to transform .obj file return to .prg file ?
> My .prg file has been deleted.

Make an EXE file of those OBJects and decomplie using Valkyrie or RESCUE5.

--------------------oOOO-----U-----OOOo---------------------------------

Calcutta - 700 013 India            Voice : 27 5091/3298, 267238
Web: www.coralindia.com              Fax   : +91-(033)-27 3298

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:
>Make an EXE file of those OBJects and decomplie using Valkyrie or RESCUE5.

I have heard that you can protect your EXE from others' decompiling it
by putting
  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Gene Weinbeck
President, Professional Support Software

author of the FundRaiser family of donor management software

http://www.fundraiser-software.com

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:
>>  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
>>as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

>That will supposedly stop Valkerie, but only until someone takes a
>binary editor, searches for the number and changes it to something
>else.

Arrggh.  Is there nothing that can be done to stop thieves from
getting into my code then?  It makes it awfully risky to put products
out on the net.

Are there at least some steps to take that will put obstacles in their
path?  Like extensive use of 3rd party libraries, Blinker compression,
etc??  Or is that also easily defeated?

Gene Weinbeck
President, Professional Support Software
author of the FundRaiser family of donor management software

http://www.fundraiser-software.com

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

>>Make an EXE file of those OBJects and decomplie using Valkyrie or RESCUE5.

>I have heard that you can protect your EXE from others' decompiling it
>by putting
>  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
>as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

That will supposedly stop Valkerie, but only until someone takes a
binary editor, searches for the number and changes it to something
else.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

>>>  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
>>>as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

>>That will supposedly stop Valkerie, but only until someone takes a
>>binary editor, searches for the number and changes it to something
>>else.

>Arrggh.  Is there nothing that can be done to stop thieves from
>getting into my code then?  It makes it awfully risky to put products
>out on the net.

>Are there at least some steps to take that will put obstacles in their
>path?  Like extensive use of 3rd party libraries, Blinker compression,
>etc??  Or is that also easily defeated?

You can only make it harder, not impossible.

No matter what you do to the program, if you allow it to execute, it's
available decrypted in RAM, and can be viewed, saved and/or modified.

There are various forms of executable compression and verification
that will stop the casual hacker, but nothing will stop everybody, and
some will consider a difficult scheme to be a challenge (like leaving
a puzzle on the coffee table).

If you have a limited or demo product you want to release, and then
ship the full version after payment, the safest thing to do is to have
two separate versions of the program (you can comment out the extra
features in the demo version with #ifdef /#endif blocks)

Hardware keys are useful if the product is expensive enough, but can't
be distributed over the net, and can also be bypassed.

Sorry for the bad news.

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

You can use the program  Valkyrie. I don't know where you can buy it, but
try to:
MOMOS sas, v.Palade 5, 39011 Lana (BZ), Italy Tel 0473 560988 fax 0473
560979
This program can transform .exe files in source files.prg
Good luck
----------

Quote:

> Newsgroup: comp.lang.clipper
> Oggetto: How to transform .obj file return to .prg file
> Data: venerd 3 gennaio 1997 9.39

> Help Help me.
> How to transform .obj file return to .prg file ?
> My .prg file has been deleted.

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

>>>  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
>>>as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

>>That will supposedly stop Valkerie, but only until someone takes a
>>binary editor, searches for the number and changes it to something
>>else.

>Arrggh.  Is there nothing that can be done to stop thieves from
>getting into my code then?  It makes it awfully risky to put products
>out on the net.

>Are there at least some steps to take that will put obstacles in their
>path?  Like extensive use of 3rd party libraries, Blinker compression,
>etc??  Or is that also easily defeated?

I suspect that Blinker 4.x compression will pretty much wrap it up.

---

                       WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
                  FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

 ** Spammers, beware: **
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227, any
and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to this address is  subject
to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 (U.S.); e-mailing
denotes acceptance of these terms.

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

I don't have blinker 4, but I'd be happy to try patching a program
compressed with it 8-)

Terry

Quote:

>>>That will supposedly stop Valkerie, but only until someone takes a
>>>binary editor, searches for the number and changes it to something
>>>else.

>>Arrggh.  Is there nothing that can be done to stop thieves from
>>getting into my code then?  It makes it awfully risky to put products
>>out on the net.

>>Are there at least some steps to take that will put obstacles in their
>>path?  Like extensive use of 3rd party libraries, Blinker compression,
>>etc??  Or is that also easily defeated?

>I suspect that Blinker 4.x compression will pretty much wrap it up.

>---

>                       WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
>                  FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

> ** Spammers, beware: **
>Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227, any
>and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to this address is  subject
>to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 (U.S.); e-mailing
>denotes acceptance of these terms.

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

> I don't have blinker 4, but I'd be happy to try patching a program
> compressed with it 8-)

> Terry

> >>Arrggh.  Is there nothing that can be done to stop thieves from
> >>getting into my code then?  It makes it awfully risky to put products
> >>out on the net.

> >>Are there at least some steps to take that will put obstacles in their
> >>path?  Like extensive use of 3rd party libraries, Blinker compression,
> >>etc??  Or is that also easily defeated?

> >I suspect that Blinker 4.x compression will pretty much wrap it up.

> >---

> >                       WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
> >                  FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

> > ** Spammers, beware: **
> >Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227, any
> >and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to this address is  subject
> >to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 (U.S.); e-mailing
> >denotes acceptance of these terms.

> --------------------

> Terry Carmen
> Meadowbrook Software

If you succeed, you can sell Terminal Impact the code. They don't even
have a version of Valkyrie that will work with dual or extended mode
programs using internal overlays. Blinker 3.01 with external overlays
can be handled, but nothing beyond that.

Ray

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to transform .obj file return to .prg file

Quote:

>>Make an EXE file of those OBJects and decomplie using Valkyrie or RESCUE5.
>I have heard that you can protect your EXE from others' decompiling it
>by putting
>  PUBLIC ERRORSYS:=9876543210
>as the first line in your PROCEDURE ERRORSYS.

I can tell it works with Valkyrie Decompiler I don't know if with
other decompilers work.

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me if this is true?
>Gene Weinbeck
>President, Professional Support Software
>author of the FundRaiser family of donor management software

>http://www.fundraiser-software.com

        Bye, Mariano Saul.

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. decompile .obj-file into .prg-file

2. Combining C and PRG In One OBJ File

3. Link a MASM .obj file with a C .obj file

4. VC++ obj file link to asm obj file with alink(not working)

5. UN COMPILER CLIPPER ALL VERSION (from EXE Files translate to PRG Files)

6. CLARION is unresolved in file d:\cw55\obj\skifer.obj

7. Return a unique file file name - function??

8. Return a unique file file name - function??

9. dbglue.obj OR CAF.PRG

10. translate .obj to .prg

11. Restoring PRG file from LIB

12. Searching 4 PRG 2 SET CLIPPER=xx and FILES in config.sys