How to update Clipper database from email data?
Author Message
 How to update Clipper database from email data?

In my company, invoices are received thru e-mail. The e-mail contains
plain  formatted text with buyer, product, quantity, amount, etc.
details. Currently, these mails are read manually and the data is
posted to the accounting system by typing it in. I have been asked to
design an automated system which reads in the mail and updates the
database (in Clipper) automatically. It should require no human
intervention.

Is there any way it can be done?.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to update Clipper database from email data?
I don't have the technical details of how to retrieve mail as text
files from a mail server.  But that is your first step.

You will then continue with steps to:
1) open the text file
2) extract the data
3) do validation ( order #'s, dates, etc )
4) write the order ( transaction ) to an audit file which can be
referred to if there are any problems or some validation did not pass
5) write the order to the production data files
6) remove that text file from being considered again

At some point in time ( daily or more often depending on demand), the
system should generate reports for human review:
1) good orders received
2) problem orders

Hope this helps.  For the email to text file details search this and
other forums for SMP/POP mail.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extracting Data from a Clipper Database

2. Plot/print data in a VI while this data is updated in a CIN

3. Read VFP data files into Clipper data files

4. Absolute Clipper NEWBEE: need to import data from clipper application

5. Python - Database and Email

6. Get Smalltalk News Updates Via Email

7. Get Smalltalk News Updates Via Email

8. Update files using email

9. Trojan email Masquerading as Microsoft Security update?

10. Clipper & Email

11. How to send email from clipper

12. CLIPPER & EMAIL PROGRAM