Win95, Cyrix 6x86, and Clipper 5.2e
Author Message
 Win95, Cyrix 6x86, and Clipper 5.2e

> However, the problem might be related to the Cyrix 6x86 P-120 processor
> my system has.  What I would really like to do is just be able to install
> Clipper and the upgrade > 52EUSX(1).EXE while in Windows 95.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions for this problem?

I'm attaching to this message PIPELOOP.EXE which is short non-resident
program that resolves some timing problems in Cyrix 5x86 and 6x86
processors, I hope this will help. Here is timing problem description taken
from the http://www.*-*-*.com/ :

<Cyrix>
Both 3D Studio and Clipper Applications use software timing loops in
the code. The 6x86 processor executes these loop instructions faster
than previous x86 CPUs which interferes with timing dependent code
in both software programs. Solution: Download the pipeloop.exe file and
put it in your autoexec.bat file. This utility inserts a delay in the loop
instruction. The utility is not memory resident. NOTE: This file may not
correct all timing issues.
</Cyrix>

--
Jovan Bulajic
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

  pipeloop.zip
< 1K Download

Fri, 11 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running Clip 5.2e and CA-Tools 3 on Cyrix 6x86

2. Clipper 5.2e + Cyrix 686: Problems?!

3. Problems with Cyrix 6x86

4. Cyrix 6x86, AMD K5 and Intel P5 (MMX) clockticks

5. cpuid enable for cyrix 6x86 under _windows nt_

6. cyrix 6x86 problems

7. Cyrix 6x86 & 5x86

8. Cyrix's 6x86 Microprocessor

9. CLIPPER 5.2e under Win95 - DOS Error 55

10. Clipper 5.2e Debugger under Win95

11. clipper 5.2e win95 dosbox printing

12. Win95 Freeze up with Clipper 5.2e